When would a price drop be possible?

txtravelerfamily

So.... we are booked on the Valor for April 16th and many cabins are still available. I'm surprised the price hasn't dropped with the amount of available cabins. Do a lot of people really book this close to sail date? In your experience, will Carnival drop the price to get more cabins booked and in what time frame?

TIA.

I admit I'm not the most experienced when it comes to price drops, but from what I've read here and have been told by my PVP, price drops will typically happen as you get closer to the cruise and the ship is not yet full, especially right after final payment deadline...

April 16th is still in the Spring Break time period for some schools, so even though your cruise still has several cabins available, don't be too surprised to see them fill up within the next 10 -12 weeks. Spring Break is a peak period for most cruise lines, and price drops for that time period are kind of rare. However. there's no harm in checking periodically.

We cruise in less than 2 weeks. We didn't book until October 2017 and the price has not changed since we booked. The ship is not full and I check often.

Hi

As you said, you only booked 3 mo. out. You typically wouldn't expect to see dramatic price swings in that time frame, but it also shows you got the best price since you booked (that is good).

Some prices could drop, not necessarily significantly, so you should check daily, but also understand that a price drop may not be uniform across cabin classes. Very possible there could be a price drop, but not your cabin class.

Again, it is only two weeks out, it's winter in a lot of places. It doesn't take many people to all of a sudden to wake up and decide they want to get away to fill up a handful of cabins. Also at this point, Carnival's upsell fairies will be doing their calculations and manning the phones to put bodies in the harder to sell cabins/suites and freeing up cabins they know sell better at this point in time. They do have this down to a science. Who knows, you might get one of these call. :) In that event, make sure you are comfortable with what you might think fair as an extra payment for an upgrade.

hope this helps

have a great cruise