Little bit concerned Discovery 1.

Good idea, will get him to go check and see if there is anything he would eat. Heres a question, im guessing surf n turf share a kitchen, i wonder if the would allow u to pick sumthing of the oppisite menu as long as u paid the price for the menu u picked? Just a thought. 🧐. If i was taking a kilt it would be kilt and shirt and waitcoat only lol doubt i would have room for the jacket too. I will wait and see lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I think they must share a kitchen. My feeling is that they weren't too flexible on D2 but if you don't ask, you don't know. Make sure you ask a head waiter rather than just one of the waiting staff though.

Btw, you are certainly not alone in liking sea days. I love them and for me, they are the whole essence of a cruise.

Yes, I think they must share a kitchen. My feeling is that they weren't too flexible on D2 but if you don't ask, you don't know. Make sure you ask a head waiter rather than just one of the waiting staff though.

Btw, you are certainly not alone in liking sea days. I love them and for me, they are the whole essence of a cruise.

Me too britboys, i really love being on deck or eating dinner while out in the middle of the ocean, love it. Love a relaxing sea day exploring the ship and taking it easy. Actually is one of my fovourite parts of cruising. Thats why i love this size of ship because u can prety much always see the sea and the view no matter where u are on the ship. Looking forward to relaxing on the balcony getting the sea air. Though im convinced it makes you want an early night, i always feel like i need my bed by 10pm lol. Esp when your up at 7 for an excursion ! :)

Heres a question guys, when do you give tui/thomson/marella your card details to set up an onboard account ? Iv only ever sailed royal before and they always have you set that up before online, weeks/months before you board. Do they just use the card you paid the cruise with ?

When you check in at the port and are issued with your boarding card they also take your photo for the card.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Ah right i see, thanks for the info Pensioncruiser. Does that mean a long wait at the port sorting it all out before you board ? Or are they quick getting everyone on ?

Ah right i see, thanks for the info Pensioncruiser. Does that mean a long wait at the port sorting it all out before you board ? Or are they quick getting everyone on ?

Depends how many coaches are in at the same time[emoji2] could be just a few mins or 60 mins just your luck but you are not in the sun in Barbados and they have refreshments.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Ok thats great thanks for all your info, it really does help.

Has anyone used the ships laundry service ? & know if it is reasonable ? Do they do fill a bag for a set price like other lines ? 14 nights is a bit of a struggle for me clothes wise.

Ok thats great thanks for all your info, it really does help.

Has anyone used the ships laundry service ? & know if it is reasonable ? Do they do fill a bag for a set price like other lines ? 14 nights is a bit of a struggle for me clothes wise.

It's £14.95 for a bag of 'wash & fold' (not pressed!)

Little question guys, im guessing that there will be 2 formal/ dress up nights on a 14nt cruise ? Do most people make an effort or not ? Just trying to decide if its worth the space to pack a suit or kilt. I enjoy getting dressed up but dont want to be the only one lol. We were planning to try get booked into surf n turf a few times too so could dress up a bit for that too. Another question, sum other cruise lines do not allow jeans or ripped jeans in the dining room. Is this the case with marella ?

I was on the Discovery on the 21st January - loved it. 3rd Thomson/Marella cruise more used to Celebrity/MSC but they have certainly upped their game now. Really impressed with the ship and the staff were terrific.

I was really surprised by the amount of people who dressed up on the Captain's Cocktail night, many more than not and I saw at least 2 kilts.

Just wish the summer 2019 sailing would hurry up and become available as I'm hoping to go to the Baltic from Newcastle.

Enjoy your cruise.:D

Just to add to this too. What really amazed us was that when we got off the plane and on to the buses waiting on the tarmac they didn't take us to the airport building as we thought they were, they took us straight to the ship. No going through the airport building at all.

When the buses reached the port they kept us on them and only let 1 bus unload at a time and into the building to check-in, so the line wasn't that long at all. Really easy and well organised. They had about a dozen desks, taking your cc details and issuing the key cards. Very smooth.

:cool: Hi just a mad question my husband and I are going on the Discovery 1 in April but are finding the drinks package a bit confusing, my husband drinks bottles of Buds and Corona's which I understand are included, however nobody seems to know what the cost of an Aperol Spritz would be as the Aperol and the Prosecco are both included in the drinks package but as individual drinks, any idea!

I was on the Discovery on the 21st January - loved it. 3rd Thomson/Marella cruise more used to Celebrity/MSC but they have certainly upped their game now. Really impressed with the ship and the staff were terrific.

I was really surprised by the amount of people who dressed up on the Captain's Cocktail night, many more than not and I saw at least 2 kilts.

Just wish the summer 2019 sailing would hurry up and become available as I'm hoping to go to the Baltic from Newcastle.

Enjoy your cruise.:D

they are doing the baltic from newcastle this year too