Men's attire Formal nights

nikblondiew

This is what is on Carnivals website:

Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

There's always lots of threads on this subject with lots of controversy. Carnival has a published policy that says Coats and ties or tux's are required for formal nights. However, they do not enforce this policy so there are always people who go to the formal dining room on formal nights without coats and ties. Try doing a search of this site and you'll find lots of discussion, usually very heated.

After renting a tuxedo the first 3 cruises, I realized buying one would be a good investment since it was obvious that DW and I would make a life-long commitment to cruising. Now I wouldn't dream of wearing any other attire for formal night. Besides, DW thinks I look "dashing" in my tux .... and who am I to argue? As for others, dress any way you desire, it ain't none of my business. After all, it's YOUR money that paid for the cruise. The point is, enjoy your cruise; it's all about you.

Not required, but sure does look nice. Just got all my DH's clothes pulled out to see what needs to be cleaned etc. Love those ties.

Candi

Certainly recommended but a real pain for those of us who have to wear them every day. Dressing up for formal night is like going to work, unless I wear a tux, and I hate to haul mine around because of the shoes.

Archived