My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

COFFEE first, then, after wife gets up, I love the smoked salmon, bagels, cream cheese. And of course, whatever else looks interesting. Not a big breakfast person here at home, usually just stick with the coffee, but while cruising/vacation, always a great reason to enjoy yourself.

Matt

I love hot tea with breakfast, I'm bringing my own box of Bigelow Cinnamon in case the Radiance doesn't have it. I also love Earl Grey, or English Breakfast tea. Lots of OJ, gotta have bagels w/ cream cheese, fruit--strawberries, pineapple, and of course, the whole eggs/bacon/hash browns/toast combo. Heehee I love breakfast on vacation. Usually a slim fast at home, or a quick granola bar on the way out the door. But on vacation...the sky's the limit!! But save room for lunch...and dinner...and midnight buffet...:D

Amanda:D

• 4 weeks later...

"The Summit's Conceirge granola & yogurt parfait. It has the best granola anywhere. Served with a bubbly flute of champagne on the balcony overlooking a warm tropical port - a day couldn't start any sweeter!

Pat :cool:"

Does anyone know if Carnival has a yogurt & granola parfait available? I had it for breakfast every morning when I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation. It was wonderfule!! Perfect vacation breakfast. Filling without weighing you down.

WOW Sounds like some great food, I'm wondering as it sounds like many eat the same thing each day.

Does the dinning hall serve the same thing each day?? and if not is there any menu's posted out there??

And If you get room serves or the other restrants what hours are they open for breakfast??

Thanks you for the Info. I will be on the Destiny Randy :)

my favorite breakfast on every cruise has been large glass of fresh oj followed by bowl of oatmeal with sliced banana and brown sugar next a crossiant and 1 cup of coffee.not a bif fan of coffee on most cruises On most of our cruises waiter never even bothers to ask - alwaysseems to know what we like. can always eat eggs at home

mima10

Hi rlanting...

You should be able to get the same thing every day in the dining room for breakfast. I don't know if they post the menus for breakfast, but they do post the menus for dinner right outside the dining room.

Room service may vary on different cruise lines. You should be able to get breakfast on most ships. You can on Celebrity. I haven't been on Carnival for quite a few years, but I think you can on Carnival also. Most ships today have 24-hour room service. The restaurant hours would vary on different ships.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The end product will be approximately 1/4 of the amount of yogurt you started with. So if you want to make a larger quantity of "cream cheese", try making your own yogurt and then hanging it in the strainer. To make your own yogurt, you just heat 1 quart of milk to lukewarm, add one tablespoon yogurt (be sure it says active), wrap bowl in a towel, put the bowl in a warm place like in the oven that has a gas pilot light and DO NOT TOUCH it for about 10 hours. After experimenting, I found that adding some evaporated milk or powdered milk will give a thicker yogurt. You may just want to eat the yogurt with some fruit. But if you do want the cheese, hang it as described. You can season it with herbs/salt/onion etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep seeing lox and bagels mentioned, which is only my favorite. breakfast. ever.

Is this to be expected as a standard on for example, a lido deck buffet? Or is that a dining room thing, or a room service thing?

Must! Have! Lox!

First off, I always prefer breakfast in the dining room. And lunch and dinner...love being served on vacation! That being said, I love eggs benedict on a cruise! Also, the croissants are the second best in the world (the best are actually in France). I also like to try the breakfast special, and my favorite one so far is huevos rancheros. Can't beat the lox and bagels too!

Bonnie

I guess its a southern thing, but I can't imagine why anyone wants to start their day with grits, artery-clogging biscuits with sausage gravy or the plethora of other fattening foods first thing in the morning. For us, fresh fruit, yogurt, always oatmeal for my husband and a muffin for me, plus OJ and coffee.

NOT from the south of anything other than Lake Erie and I LOVE grits, biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, red-eye gravy and all that stuff. i also like fruit, yogure and oatmeal.

• 3 weeks later...

Eating anything on a cruise ship "overlooking the beautiful Pacific and Bora Bora" would be just amazing to me! WOW!

I have decided this is my favorite breakfast after having it at the Pacific Edge Restaurant in Carmel. Do any of you know if it is served on the PG? It was served at Sunday Brunch, I was being careful and only had one!! Been regretting it ever since. It was fab!! My dream breakfast would be (having it served to me on my balcony overlooking the beautiful pacific and Bora Bora, with mimosa's of course and my lover enjoying it with me!!

My typical Carnival breakfast: coffee, orange juice, pancakes and the wonderful mini cinnamon rolls they give out. I miss those rolls sooo much and even though I buy them here at home they taste so much better when I'm sailing lol

and the hash browns Carnival makes are delicious...I'm not a fan of hash browns but I had some on my recent cruise and they were yummyyyy :p

Belgian waffles with blueberries and whipped cream. Don't forget the coffee:D

I missed out on the Cova Coffee cafe on the Infinity and those chocolate/almond croissants sound great!!! I will definitely remember those for the next X cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

This is too funny! We never eat breakfast - usually just a banana or yoghurt, but when we're on a cruise, we get a hot breakfast every morning. A few years ago, on the Century, I found the corned beef hash at the buffet. I had it each morning & by the end of the week was asking DH, "Why are my ankles so swollen?" LOL, totally forgot about the salt! He reminded me & now I pace my corned beef hash. :)