pysical address of someone in customer relations?

starfamily

I am very upset with how I was treated by the customer service dept at princess. I had purchased in advance the Grand Occasions package for 430.00 and an extra waffle robe for another 45.00 for our upcoming cruise. I used my debit card, they in turn over charged me not once but three times! I went to the post office today and attempted to spend 12.00 on my debit card and was rejected. I was VERY humiliated as the long line of people watched. When I called the girl said that it must have been a new person and it will get credited back within 72 hours. Meanwhile I am overdrawn on the debit card and have to transfer money into it and humiliated. I asked to speak to a customer service person and she said " all I can do is tell you I sorry and your money should be back within three days- nothing about being humiliated. Between this Feb. trip and the one we took in November I will have given Princess $15,000 in a period of three months. I dont' think it was too much for them to have to pay the overdraw penalty because THEY put a hold on my money and THEY withdrew it. I can't believe the "customer relations supervisor" did not even think I deserve a shipboard credit for the fees THEY created. I am so steamed right now that she only answered "we have a lot of new people, mistakes happen" I want to write someone who would possibly care how humiliating it was for me.

There is a street address too:

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Good luck. Be sure to go right to the point that they overcharged you in the very first line. Many people including me have experienced a problem with their customer service people not really reading letters carefully lately.

Just wanted to say sorry and good luck. Hopefully they will take care of this quickly for you. I definitely would not be happy at this time of year to have an additional $800 taken out of my checking account.

To pass on some advice for later in life - when I first started cruising, I had one credit card with a low limit and never used it. I paid for my cruises with a check at a local agency. Some wise friends told me to always use a credit card (verses a debit card) for travel stuff and when ordering items online. I was reluctant but have run into enough situations that I am glad I listened to their advice.

thanks, I certainly have learned this the hard way. If it were just on my credit card then I really would not care it would have been taken care of before I even noticed and got my bill but when it is the actual money being taken out it is another story. The attitude is what especially has me annoyed when she said there is nothing I can do but say I am sorry. I was so mortified to have all of those people thinking I was a deadbeat and to be holding up the line at the post office.

Does anyone know a name of someone in importance for me to send the letter to? When I spoke to a manager she did not care (of course who knows if she was really a manager)

I was so mortified to have all of those people thinking I was a deadbeat and to be holding up the line at the post office.

Don't worry - they probably all thought the bank made a mistake :) Banks make mistakes all the time.

It's happened to me, too, with a credit card. An inexperienced person had swiped it several times by mistake when I paid for a business lunch, and the company put a hold on it for suspicious activity. When I tried to use it again with clients that evening, it wouldn't go through. It was a bit embarassing at first, but I lived through it and appreciated that someone was watching out for suspicious charges. Since I was on the road, I could not be contacted by the card company. Stuff happens.

I am very upset with how I was treated by the customer service dept at princess. I had purchased in advance the Grand Occasions package for 430.00 and an extra waffle robe for another 45.00 for our upcoming cruise. I used my debit card, they in turn over charged me not once but three times! I went to the post office today and attempted to spend 12.00 on my debit card and was rejected. I was VERY humiliated as the long line of people watched. When I called the girl said that it must have been a new person and it will get credited back within 72 hours. Meanwhile I am overdrawn on the debit card and have to transfer money into it and humiliated. I asked to speak to a customer service person and she said " all I can do is tell you I sorry and your money should be back within three days- nothing about being humiliated. Between this Feb. trip and the one we took in November I will have given Princess $15,000 in a period of three months. I dont' think it was too much for them to have to pay the overdraw penalty because THEY put a hold on my money and THEY withdrew it. I can't believe the "customer relations supervisor" did not even think I deserve a shipboard credit for the fees THEY created. I am so steamed right now that she only answered "we have a lot of new people, mistakes happen" I want to write someone who would possibly care how humiliating it was for me.

What a way to treat a customer in distress.:(

There is a number for the main switchboard at Princess Headquarters in California the number is 661-753-0000.Ask to speak with a senior Customer Relation person.This route has always worked for me in the past.

Good Luck to you .Hope that this problem will be soon resolved.....do let us know.......Kruisey.:)

Just a suggestion (I'm sure I'll get flamed for this) - it might help you if you focused on getting your overdrawn penalty fees refunded by Princess. You are definitely entitled to that as the fees were directly caused by Princess's error.

While it is ridiculous that Princess charged your card three times and I can certainly sympathize with your feelings of humiliation , a shipboard credit is not really going to change what happened. I find it interesting that some people seem to talk about shipboard credit as though it is not "real" money. I wouldn't think you would expect Princess to give you a check for compensation but really it's the same thing.

And as Coral said, the people in line (the one or two maybe that noticed what was going on) probably just figured it was a bank error. Also I'm sure they have long forgotten about it.

I fully intend on getting those fees reimbursed! As of today the hold has not been removed on my account so not only did I have to pay the fees but my money is being held hostagea few days before christmas when I could have been spending it on myself. This is not the same as an incorrect credit card charge that gets reversed and you are not impacted financially. I physically can not get that money back for three more days so I am impacted. As for my embarressement, I am more livid at the calouse way the customer service rep responded to it. This is the SECOND time they have messed up my charges. For our novemeber cruise I ordered ONE bottle of merlot for our cabin and five 50.00 spa gift certificates. They took out of my debit card FIVE bottles of wine and five spa gift certificates. In that instance I wrote it off as a mistake and waited the three days to get my money back. (I wonder what would have happened if I never checked my account) this time I felt like a fool infront of a bunch of nosey small town people who were not patiently waiting in line to mail packages at Christmas. I think the CSR should have been very sympathic not flippant.

Archived