Embarkation on Anthem OTS New Jersey

Beaferd

We are cruising the Anthem for the first time in October 2018 and after doing a little research I see that there are a few things different once you get to the pier to board the ship. Looks like they use a kiosk to check in.

Can someone give me detailed information from arrival to pier to actually getting on the ship. Also read that the sea pass cards are at the rooms. Seems so strange to me. What keeps someone else from entering a room if the key is outside the door.

We will be in JS 8222 if anyone has pictures of the room would be great to see. Seems like there are several layouts for JS and we are unclear which one we have.

I didn't find the check in process that much different than on other ships. It was quick and efficient. Yes the SeaPass cards are left on the stateroom door. I thought this was a little odd as well, but as far as I know there haven't been any issues with people stealing cards. Anthem is a gorgeous ship. I can't wait to sail on her again. Enjoy!

Also read that the sea pass cards are at the rooms. Seems so strange to me. What keeps someone else from entering a room if the key is outside the door.

We have been on Anthem and Harmony which both had keys outside the room. There is nothing that would keep someone from grabbing your envelope and entering your room but what would that accomplish? If someone took your card then RCCL would be able to deactivate that card and give you a new one. Nothing to worry about.

We are cruising the Anthem for the first time in October 2018 and after doing a little research I see that there are a few things different once you get to the pier to board the ship. Looks like they use a kiosk to check in.

Can someone give me detailed information from arrival to pier to actually getting on the ship. Also read that the sea pass cards are at the rooms. Seems so strange to me. What keeps someone else from entering a room if the key is outside the door.

We will be in JS 8222 if anyone has pictures of the room would be great to see. Seems like there are several layouts for JS and we are unclear which one we have.

That would be a Family Junior Suite.

When you enter the terminal, someone will greet you with and ipad. You hand the person your passports and set sail pass. They are scanned and you are on your way. If you didn't upload a picture, you will have it taken then,

Process is very fast as you don't have to wait in line. You use your set sail pass if you want to buy drinks on anything else prior to going to your cabin. One sea pass is in an envelope outside your cabin. The others for the cabin are inside.