Silver to Gold

Reenie75

DIFFICULT to get to Black? Are you kidding me? If you sail in Fantastica you need fifteen 5 - 9nts cruises to get to Black.

With other words 90 - 135nts, but you also earn points for everything you buy onboard.

To get to Dimond on Royal you need 80nts but you don't get points for stuff you buy onboard. With other words, it's more or less as hard as getting to Dimond on Royal.

Cruise 6 days - 5 nights

Cruise from 6 to 10 days - 5 to 9 nights

Cruise from 10 days - 9 nights Bella 200 points 500 points 700 points Fantastica 400 points 700 points 1000 points Wellness 600 points 1000 points 1500 points Aurea 600 points 1000 points 1500 points MSC Yacht Club 800 points 1500 points 2000 points

Unfortunately, the points table doesn't 'cut & paste' correctly, Kim.

I agree about you questioning the poster re getting to Black. I'm Black 3 times over at this stage (I have 30300 points :p)

MSC could redress the balance somewhat by giving Black card holders who have earned them by cruising MSC, by reinstating the 20% discount.

Failing that by adding Two new levels, and moving earned Black card holders upto the next tier of say 15,000 points and likes of Bea to the top tier.

They must resist status matching anything beyond Black at all costs, even now they are trying to reduce black card benefits for the complimentary meals.

It's laughable that they hold a welcome back party for people who have never cruised with MSC before.

The senior execs really do need to get their act together on this issue.

Unfortunately, the points table doesn't 'cut & paste' correctly, Kim.

I agree about you questioning the poster re getting to Black. I'm Black 3 times over at this stage (I have 30300 points :p)

But you must compare the old MSC Club rules with the new Voyager rules. Before if you made one longer cruise you almost had black. Nowadays the max you get is 2000 points in YC and lousy 700 in Bella! Anyway, could you please donate 6000 of your so many points to me? :cool:

And I don´t remember for sure, but I think the "old" Spa benefit was a 1 day pass for Silver, not a 1 hour pass for Gold.

But you must compare the old MSC Club rules with the new Voyager rules. Before if you made one longer cruise you almost had black. Nowadays the max you get is 2000 points in YC and lousy 700 in Bella! Anyway, could you please donate 6000 of your so many points to me? :cool:

And I don´t remember for sure, but I think the "old" Spa benefit was a 1 day pass for Silver, not a 1 hour pass for Gold.

Very true about how points are awarded for the cruise itself. Pre VC, I always felt it was unfair that those in the lowest category cabin got the same points as those who paid YC prices. However, the 'new' system, while taking that into consideration, also significantly reduced the number of points you get per cruise by not giving 1(00) points per night (multiplying the old points system by 100 - drives me nuts! I reckon the Italians are missing their lira and added on the zeros from nostalgia). Our next cruise is a 28 night one, but we only get 2000 points (20 in old money) and that's for YC, so we're getting the highest amount and it's still 8(00) points less than in the old system. :mad:

Having said all that, I only had 138(00) points when Voyagers' Club came into being in July 2015. So I've accumulated 16500 points since then.

I can't speak to the "old" Spa benefit as I can't remember, offhand, what it was. I may have a copy of the benefits pre-VC somewhere. Pete (Skier52) will have one so he'll probably confirm what the benefit was.

ETA Sorry I can't donate the 6000 points to you - DH needs them. He only has 18000 and the 6000 (plus what we'll get in April), might bring him to the magic number for the new tier! :D:D:D

Bytheway, don't forget to update your details online when doing online check-in to receive the 100 Bonus Points.

Edited by Beamafar

I thought there was a new top tier coming?

It's rumoured that there is to be a new tier introduced. I was told last December (on Orchestra) that MSC was waiting 'til Seaview launched, that it would probably/possibly be named Platinum and that 25000 points will be needed to qualify. However, I've been hearing similar stories for a couple of years now, so I'm not holding my breath! :rolleyes:

Bea ... The copy of the MSC club I have here says a 1 hour thermal suite session for Silver, Gold and Black. There was no booklet on the Seaside with discount offers in it so that is another thing that they have sneakily taken away it seems.

There was no booklet on the Seaside with discount offers in it so that is another thing that they have sneakily taken away it seems.

There was a letter in our cabin on arrival on a couple of our cruises last year, listing all the discounts available. I posted a photo of the one from Meraviglia. However, we didn't receive one when on another ship, so I went to the Cruise Consultant about this. I was told that "it's OK as the cruisecard will have the discount on it"!!?? I asked how people were supposed to know what the available discounts were and he petulantly printed off a copy.

Pre VC, I always felt it was unfair that those in the lowest category cabin got the same points as those who paid YC prices.

Can understand, but I liked the old world where everybody was more or less equal outside the different types of cabins. One night, one point, done, please come again.

Then came the YC, the Bella/Fantastica/Aurea thing, bonus points for spending and so on. Of cause noboby can be suprised, it´s suprising that it was not in this way before.

How was someone who paid YC prices equal to someone who paid a lot less for the lowest category cabin? (I mean in terms of reward for spend). When I shop in my local supermarket and spend, say, €50, I get 50 points. Why should someone who only spends, say, €20, get the same just because they shopped in the same store?

There were also "bonus points for spending", before. You got 1 point for every $/€200 spent onboard. You now get 100 points for every $/€150 - so less spend for the equivalent number of points.

How was someone who paid YC prices equal to someone who paid a lot less for the lowest category cabin? (I mean in terms of reward for spend). When I shop in my local supermarket and spend, say, €50, I get 50 points. Why should someone who only spends, say, €20, get the same just because they shopped in the same store?

As I said, not suprised that they changed.

There were also "bonus points for spending", before. You got 1 point for every $/€200 spent onboard. You now get 100 points for every $/€150 - so less spend for the equivalent number of points.

Ah, did not realize this, in the old times I never ever reached this 200 €. Now with family I get this 100 extra points at least, guess with more kids that extra points will grow more :cool: