Anytime dining Vista??

helene109

All I'm saying, and got beat up for it, can you imagine a restaurant on land telling you to go elsewhere to get a ticket for a dinner reservation, they would have very short lines, possibly none. Why can't they just seat you and let you eat. I have looked inside the MDR when they are giving out beepers and have a 1/2 a full house, why? Even not on the Vista, why do they make you wait when the dining room is not full. This would alleviate all the confusion and clutter

I think you are just making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Have you never “checked in” to the hostess stand at a land restaurant and been offered to wait in the bar area? Same concept, it’s just a greater distance from the check in point to your table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

So is it only YTD who has to check in on Deck 5? The rest of my group has the late dining so they just go direct, correct? I was told by Carnival that since I booked with them direct (and only very recently for an April cruise) and under our group booking (14 of us all together) that my son and I will be able to join the tables with the rest of our group for the late dining.

What? that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. What was Carnival thinking? I might pass on the Vista just because of this moronic idea. Can you imagine if a restaurant did something like this?

Was the easiest check in on any ship I've ever been at. No waiting in lines, no crowds in the elevator lobby, got a ticket in minutes and never waited for a table.

I loved YTD. We’d stop at the check in & say, “table for 2, and if you have something by a window, that would be awesome.” Zip zip zip, the ticket would print, and within 4-5 minutes we had walked down the hall a few feet, down the steps, presented our ticket, and were seated. I don’t really see it being any more convenient than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does this mean early and late dining aren’t even offered on the vista anymore? When we booked a few weeks ago for June ATD was all that was available. Couldn’t even waitlist. We always enjoyed sitting with the same people every night.

What? that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. What was Carnival thinking? I might pass on the Vista just because of this moronic idea. Can you imagine if a restaurant did something like this?

I, also, said the same thing on another thread discussing ATD. It is stupid! I’ve been cruising NCL and enjoy their Freestyle Cruising. I only walk up to hostess at whatever restaurant I choose (not just one assigned restaurant) and ask for a table for 2, or whatever my party size is, and get seated. WTH is up with this register on one deck and walk to another deck to the only one restaurant to accommodate ATD?? I am sailing the Carnival Breeze in March 2019 and chose ATD as I had hoped it was the closest thing to NCL Freestyle Cruising. It doesn’t sound like it, but I can deal with it. My hubby is another matter. I can hear his numerous complaints now!! It may be our last cruise on Carnival since he has gotten a taste of how things are handled on other cruise lines.

I, also, said the same thing on another thread discussing ATD. It is stupid! I’ve been cruising NCL and enjoy their Freestyle Cruising. I only walk up to hostess at whatever restaurant I choose (not just one assigned restaurant) and ask for a table for 2, or whatever my party size is, and get seated. WTH is up with this register on one deck and walk to another deck to the only one restaurant to accommodate ATD?? I am sailing the Carnival Breeze in March 2019 and chose ATD as I had hoped it was the closest thing to NCL Freestyle Cruising. It doesn’t sound like it, but I can deal with it. My hubby is another matter. I can hear his numerous complaints now!! It may be our last cruise on Carnival since he has gotten a taste of how things are handled on other cruise lines.

On the Breeze, you check in at the desk of the restaurant assigned as YTD. There is no separate "check-in" desk as there is on the Sunshine and Vista. If there was, really, it's just like a few steps, down the elevator (or stairs) and into the restaurant, really not a big deal at all.

All MDR on Carnival serve the same menu, so it really doesn't matter which dining room you are assigned to. Don't like the menu for that night? Have specialty dining or eat on the Lido. There are options.

If you go into your cruise already deciding that you won't like it, you won't. Don't sabotage your vacation with expectations of a bad experience just because some bonehead on Cruise Critic doesn't like something.