Shareholder Credit Combinable with Exciting Deals?

BBsails

Does anyone know if the shareholder credit is combinable with the weekly exciting deals? We're contemplating a 16-nighter. I have no idea how to "translate" the following, so I'm relying on those of you who may have had experience. Will definitely submit the request to RCCL. Thanks!

Betsy

The shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs, or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate.

They have not been allowing this with any promotion and on board sales are either outright lying about it, or just not trained. Azamara had been a little more flexible but corporate has ended that.

Hope you did not just buy at the current price to get discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your input. We've had RCCL stock for many years and have used the credit many times, though it seems more difficult to be able to use it in the past couple of years. Will definitely apply if we decide to book.

Hi Betsy

We have been told we cannot have it with our lousy $100OBC that we got for booking on board. The cruise is declared "repositioning" but is still very expensive, (Singapore to Abu Dhabi). We plan on asking them to take back the $100, and let us have the Shareholder credit instead. We'll let you know if we are "lucky".

I’ve been lucky, in October on an Azamara cruise with an early booking bonus only, we received $100 and just this past week on our Celebrity 3 day (no perks) we received $50. I have found any other types of perks or credits it doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's been about 6 years or so since we last got the shareholder credit. If you get any perk in your booking you can't use the shareholder credit. We submit for it every time and they reject us every time. Pretty frustrating. It's basically a worthless perk --- unless you wait until after final payment and snag a perkless special cruise deal at a great rate.