Black card holder ?

sidari

This is what the US website has on it now:

Complimentary Specialty Restaurant Dinner for two (no beverages) [One dinner per stateroom]Complimentary spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit in stateroom

I know....Sneaky!

We were on the Divina in Nov 2017 and it was PER BLACK CARD (2 meals), not per cabin. So, we are both Black Card and went to 2 Specialty Restaurants and each had a free meal both times. Eataly Steakhouse and Galaxy. Will find out next week as we are back on Divina. Wish us luck. !!!! LOL

Yes, it apparently changed starting in December.

Black card holders, here is the latest from the online terms and conditions via the UK website regarding the Spumante and Strawberries and also the complimentary meal.

• Complimentary Speciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages)[black] per cabin. Members are entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at aspeciality restaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members mayextend their invitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only if the cabin mate is not a black card member.

It looks like MSC was smarter with the wording on the US site according to TallyHo's post:

Complimentary Specialty Restaurant Dinner for two (no beverages) [One dinner per stateroom]

This was changed on the 15th November 2017 according to the paperwork we were shown on the Seaside Xmas cruise, we challenged it and got 2 invites for 2 meals each. As The Voyagers Club points are awarded per person Black card holder and not per cabin I think people need to challenge this change when on the ship using this argument! time to fight back against MSC`s removal of even more benefits.

This was changed on the 15th November 2017 according to the paperwork we were shown on the Seaside Xmas cruise, we challenged it and got 2 invites for 2 meals each. As The Voyagers Club points are awarded per person Black card holder and not per cabin I think people need to challenge this change when on the ship using this argument! time to fight back against MSC`s removal of even more benefits.

I'll certainly be having a discussion with the Cruise Consultant on Splendida in the hope that it'll be fed back to HQ. Whether I'll attend the Black Card event to use the opportunity to discuss it further, I can't say, as most events I've attended we didn't get a chance to speak with anybody.

here is the actual statement from german page, sorry only in german available

but a clear statement: 1 per black card holder, you are entiteled to bring a guest, if this guest is within the same stateroom

KOSTENLOSES ABENDESSEN IM SPEZIALITÄTENRESTAURANT (keine Getränke) | Mitglieder erhalten auf der Kreuzfahrt ein köstliches Abendessen für zwei (Getränke nicht eingeschlossen) in einem unserer Spezialitätenrestaurants (Galaxy, Kaito Sushi, Oriental, Eataly Steakhouse oder Tex Mex. Eataly Ristorante Italia exklusive). Mitglieder dürfen eine weitere Person aus derselben Kabine zum Essen einladen.

We were on Seaside last week and tried to fight it, but they said not.

Was it with the Cruise Consultant?

In December on Orchestra, we had a wonderful one (a very rare breed, indeed!) who offered me an extra invitation when I brought up the subject of whether we, as 2 Black Card holders, got 2 evenings for 2 or not.

Was it with the Cruise Consultant?

In December on Orchestra, we had a wonderful one (a very rare breed, indeed!) who offered me an extra invitation when I brought up the subject of whether we, as 2 Black Card holders, got 2 evenings for 2 or not.

Yes, it was the cruise consultant. She said that it is specific for Seaside. I guess that it has to do with the fact that they have limited seating on seaside.

That's disappointing since I'm boarding tomorrow and was planning to complain and hoped to get the second meal as others have reported. That said, did you try using your spouse's card? I wonder if you can ask someone at a specialty restaurant to see if the offer is on the second card after using the first one?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

That's disappointing since I'm boarding tomorrow and was planning to complain and hoped to get the second meal as others have reported. That said, did you try using your spouse's card? I wonder if you can ask someone at a specialty restaurant to see if the offer is on the second card after using the first one?

My guess would be that the system will have registered your cabin number on your first visit and, as it's one visit per cabin, it's possible that the second card could be refused. IMHO, that is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

My guess would be that the system will have registered your cabin number on your first visit and, as it's one visit per cabin, it's possible that the second card could be refused. IMHO, that is.

I believe that someone had previously reported that it worked. Of course, they could have changed their system by now.

Markus ... How old is the page information ? The details listed by Skier are from the current up to date terms and conditions UK site.

That´s the current information on the German MSC website. There is no restriction saying only once per cabin.

steamboats

Just checked the Italian website:

“Cena Degustazione” (bevande escluse) in Ristorante Tematico: valido per cabina. I soci hanno diritto a godere di un menu degustazione per due persone in un ristorante tematico durante la propria crociera (le bevande sono escluse). I soci potranno estendere l’invito a un occupante della stessa cabina una sola volta e solo se l’occupante della cabina non è un socio Black. Determinati privilegie ristoranti tematici non sono disponibili a bordo di tutte le classi di navi. Questo privilegio non è disponibile se i soci decideranno di cenare al buffet. I soci con meno di 18 anni dovranno essere accompagnati per usufruire del privilegio.

Same text on the German website does not restrict the Black dinner to once per cabin:

Kostenloses „Degustations-Abendessen“ im Spezialitätenrestaurant (keineGetränke) [black] Mitglieder sind berechtigt, einmal während der Kreuzfahrt einköstliches Abendessen für zwei in einem unserer Spezialitätenrestaurants zu genießen (Getränke nicht eingeschlossen). Die Mitglieder dürfen einen weiteren Gast ausder selben Kabine zum Essen einladen. Mitglieder unter 18 Jahren müssen in Begleitung eines Erwachsenen sein. Um diese Leistung in Anspruch nehmen zu dürfen. Dieser Vorteil wird nur einmal pro Kreuzfahrt gewährt.

steamboats

I have made a complaint to MSC UK about this issue, it has been passed to the marketing team for a response and to look at the muddled wording.

I have pointed out that it discriminates against two Black card holders traveling together in the same cabin and that VC points are per person as are the benefits and not per cabin.

Cannot wait to see the response.

I have made a complaint to MSC UK about this issue, it has been passed to the marketing team for a response and to look at the muddled wording.

I have pointed out that it discriminates against two Black card holders traveling together in the same cabin and that VC points are per person as are the benefits and not per cabin.

Cannot wait to see the response.

I imagine that they will compare it to the same rule that says they give one bottle of spumante and one order of chocolate covered strawberries per cabin, not per black cad member.

I met (another) very nice Cruise Consultant who offered to send us a second bottle of prosecco to the cabin when I was talking to him about status-match and how I was fed up reading on here about people who'd never sailed MSC before, getting 2 bottles on Divina when we only ever received one per cabin and both of us had spent the money with MSC to attain our Black Card level.

Tallyho8 ... The Bottle and strawberries are also per Black card holder! Card benefits are per person.

The T&Cs (current on the UK site) say "per cabin" and "once per cruise"; and not per member

Complimentary Spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit [black], per cabin and

once per cruise. Privilege not available for members under 18 years old.

Bea ... The benefits are per person and people need to step up and make it known on the ship armed with a copy of the per person/ card benefits of the V C. Only when people make their voices heard will they listen.

Current per person benefit of a Black card says complimentary bottle of spumante and chocolate dipped strawberries.

It is time to stop the rot, email customer services as you have done and complain.