Black card holder ?

sidari

I imagine that they will compare it to the same rule that says they give one bottle of spumante and one order of chocolate covered strawberries per cabin, not per black cad member.

I emailed the Voyager Club yester day with questions about both of those items. Their response: "As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits".

Does that answer the questions?

Spoke to MSC; it is once per cabin. I asked what happens if there are 3 or 4 black card members per cabin - one dinner for 2; figure it out amongst yourselves who goes and who does not. Stupid change.

On Divina before the change in wording we had 2 dinners for 2 but they would NOT allow us to take guests from another cabin.

JUST TODAY....was the first time I saw it under the Black Card perks....that wasn't there before!

The T&C were updated in November and published in december. I have the T&C from when I booked printed out. Using Way Back Machine on Google will also show you previous versions and date changes.

On Divina before the change in wording we had 2 dinners for 2 but they would NOT allow us to take guests from another cabin.

The same for us back in Nov 2017. Going next week on Divina and will see what happens. Will report on here. If it has changed that is very poor on their part.

They should not take away perks!!!! They used these perks to get new guests. Now they will loose guest because of taking away perks.

I just checked the MSC site and it says two different things in two different places.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...gers-Club.aspx (per cabin)

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/...efit_USA_1.pdf (per member)

Just printed both out.

What do you see when you go to both these links???

Below is what I see on the site you marked (per member) but note that it says " a cabin occupant can enjoy this extended benefit only once". This seems to imply that no occupant of the cabin can get 2 free dinners regardless of the number of occupants or their card color.

But, this same site has not changed since I booked the Divina in 2016 and 2017 and my wife and I, who are both black card, did each get a voucher for a free dinner for 2 both cruises, and I must say, the porterhouse steak we ate in the steakhouse was the best one I ever had.

COMPLIMENTARY SPECIALTY RESTAURANT DINNER (no beverages) | Members are entitled to enjoy one tasty menu dinner for 2 during the cruise (beverages excluded) at one of our specialty restaurants (Galaxy, Kaito Sushi, Oriental, Eataly Steakhouse, or Tex Mex. Eataly Ristorante Italia excluded). Members may extend an invitation to one occupant of the same cabin. Members under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to enjoy the privilege. Cabin occupant can enjoy this extended benefit only once.

When I wrote to the Voyagers Club about the dinners this is what they told me"

As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits.

So what does that tell you?

Susan, I think you and I, and other black card holders, especially those who are on for 14 days should gang up on the Voyagers Club person on board, to make sure we get what we originally were promised.

Stan

If they wrote you back when you wrote them, please make a copy of their letter and post it here and take it on the cruise with you to show when you are denied the second dinner. I would love to have a copy to bring on my next cruise with me.

Please post the letter. We will take it with us on our upcoming cruises. Thank you!

Please post the letter. We will take it with us on our upcoming cruises. Thank you!

Good afternoon,

If your sailing is a Voyages Select sailing, you get the $50 OBC. Your sailing is not a Voyages Select Sailing. As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.

MSC Voyagers Club

Suzyed ... The response you have had is so open you could drive a truck through it, maybe you could contact them again and ask them to actually name the benefits and see what they say regarding the two issues. If they are no longer per individual as the VC clearly states then they need to remove them from the Individual list of what is or is not per person.

But under the terms of their loyalty program, the discount should be possible on all bookings. Now travel agent, comped and others may be excluded, but that's all.

The 5% discount is applicable for all bookings made by Voyagers Club members. The $50 OBC (which is what was mentioned) is only added for Voyagers select bookings, which you will find under the Voyagers Club tab on the website. These selected sailings by MSC get an additional 5% or 15% discount as well as $50 OBC. Prices quoted are before the discounts are applied.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

The 5% discount is applicable for all bookings made by Voyagers Club members. The $50 OBC (which is what was mentioned) is only added for Voyagers select bookings, which you will find under the Voyagers Club tab on the website. These selected sailings by MSC get an additional 5% or 15% discount as well as $50 OBC. Prices quoted are before the discounts are applied.

We ARE Voyager Club Black members. So why no 5% savings? Is it only when we book with MSC?

PLANNING PRIVILEGESWELCOMECLASSICSILVERGOLDBLACKMSC Voyagers Club members’ cruise discount extendable to all stateroom occupants, valid year-round. The discount can be combined with all promotions and offers unless otherwise stated.

Edited by suzyed
Spelling error

Susan, I think you and I, and other black card holders, especially those who are on for 14 days should gang up on the Voyagers Club person on board, to make sure we get what we originally were promised.

Stan

I agree Stan! Just name the time and place.

I suppose we should make sure they are NOT giving us this benefit before we go gang up on them, however!

LOL!

Stan was yours booked as a 14 day or B2B?

We ARE Voyager Club Black members. So why no 5% savings? Is it only when we book with MSC?

You get the 5% off even if you book with a travel agent if you have cruised with MSC before. If you did cruise with MSC before and did not get the 5% off, you should report it to your travel agent so he can correct it.

You get the 5% off the cruise price and port charges but not off the taxes and fees.

I am not sure if you will get the discount if you have never cruised with MSC before though some first time passengers have said they got it.

Was on the Seaside 1/13-1/20. When scheduling Black Card specialty resturaunt was told we get 2 dinners. When doing the second night was questioned by waiter. First he said no, then told me his supervisor said OK. When done with dinner he presented me with bill. told him he earlier said OK and he responds "I was mistaken". He brings supervisor over and he says I used up my free dinner already. I tell him that both scheduler and waiter said it would be free and he gets testy with me. Says my account would be charged and I need to dispute it with guest services. Talk with Guest Services and state facts and she basically calls me a liar. Was just one of the many problems on cruise and would not cruise on MSC and will advise others not to.

I am not sure if you will get the discount if you have never cruised with MSC before though some first time passengers have said they got it.

Those who status-match (who've never even been on an MSC ship) also get the 5% discount. Every Voyagers Club member, from Classic level up, is entitled to the 5% discount. If it's not applied, the matter needs to be taken up with the agency that the booking is made with.