Black card holder ?

sidari

"Was on the Seaside 1/13-1/20. When scheduling Black Card specialty resturaunt was told we get 2 dinners."

Diesel ... Who told you ? you mention who said what to who during and after but fail to tell us who told you that you would get 2 dinners ? and from that you will now tell every man and his dog not to sail MSC !

Not only is it ONCE PER CABIN on the Seaside....we are Both Black Card.....

When we went to make our reservations on the first day...they were encouraging all black card members to make their reservations for LUNCH not dinner as they were booked up !

I complained and got 1 dinner reservation for us.

That is the trouble when you have to many black card people.

Basically the same thing is happening on Royal Caribbean. They have to may diamond status people and have a diamond lounge that they usually do not have enough room for all.

Shippy ... They tried that on with us because we had two invites but they were told no. It is my belief that this is the reason they are now doing their best to weasel out of honouring the Voyagers club per person benefits ie too many Status match Black cards!

"Was on the Seaside 1/13-1/20. When scheduling Black Card specialty resturaunt was told we get 2 dinners."

Diesel ... Who told you ? you mention who said what to who during and after but fail to tell us who told you that you would get 2 dinners ? and from that you will now tell every man and his dog not to sail MSC !

T hey had employees walking around pushing the specialty rest. When we scheduled with him he told us we were entitled to 2 dinners. He also told us to book for the first night as the rest of the week was booked up. Then he proceeded to book the second dinner for us 3 days later.That wasn't the only problem we had. The cruise started out with being in a room which was making us sick from the smell of sewer gas. Everything went downhill after that.It is not an enjoyable cruise when you have nothing but problems.I'm sure some had a great cruise but not us!!!

I agree Stan! Just name the time and place.

I suppose we should make sure they are NOT giving us this benefit before we go gang up on them, however!

LOL!

Stan was yours booked as a 14 day or B2B?

Susan, we booked as a 14 day, although I know we'll have to do the off and on bit in Miami after 7. See you at the cabin crawl on Sunday.

You get the 5% off even if you book with a travel agent if you have cruised with MSC before. If you did cruise with MSC before and did not get the 5% off, you should report it to your travel agent so he can correct it.

You get the 5% off the cruise price and port charges but not off the taxes and fees.

I am not sure if you will get the discount if you have never cruised with MSC before though some first time passengers have said they got it.

We have sailed before....we are Black and we didn't get the 5%.

Shippy ... They tried that on with us because we had two invites but they were told no. It is my belief that this is the reason they are now doing their best to weasel out of honouring the Voyagers club per person benefits ie too many Status match Black cards!

I just got an email from the Voyagers Club telling us that EACH Black Card member get their individual benefits. That was their response when I asked about the dinners.

I just got an email from the Voyagers Club telling us that EACH Black Card member get their individual benefits. That was their response when I asked about the dinners.

Will you please copy the email (taking your name/email out) and post it on this forum so we may print it and take it with us on our next cruise. This would help all of us.

Please do not just retype it in a posting. That would not look official.

Thank you!!!!

Will you please copy the email (taking your name/email out) and post it on this forum so we may print it and take it with us on our next cruise. This would help all of us.

Please do not just retype it in a posting. That would not look official.

Thank you!!!!

My original email to MSC Voyagers Club:

Sent: 1/26/2018 02:46:34 PM

To: <MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com>

Subject: Black Card Benefits

Hi,

We are sailing on the Seaside February 10th-24th, 2018~~reservation . We booked this cruise as a 15 day sailing (not as a B2B).

As a Black Card Voyager Club members we were supposed to receive a minimum of $50 onboard credit. I don’t see where this has been applied to our reservation. Will we get the $50 each and when will I see this applied to my reservation?

Also, when we booked this cruise Sept. 14, 2016, the Black card dinner benefit provided for each of us (my husband and I) a dinner in a specialty restaurant with a guest. So a complimentary dinner for me AND a complimentary dinner for my husband who is also a Black Card member, right? You changed this after final payment and two weeks before our cruise…surely we are “grandfathered” in. Now I am seeing you have changed that to “one per cabin”? That can’t be right. Those were not the conditions when we signed up for it. And that was not the policy when we sailed on Divina in November, 2016.

Champagne and strawberries….shouldn’t we BOTH get that since we are both Black Card members?

Thank you for your attention to this matter and we look forward to your prompt reply.

Susan E

Charles E

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

MSC Voyages Club response:

Good afternoon,

If your sailing is a Voyages Select sailing, you get the $50 OBC. Your sailing is not a Voyages Select Sailing. As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.

MSC Voyagers Club

As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits.

Suzyed ... Once again no direct answer to the Two questions but an open one that could mean anything. On the ship you will be told only 1 per cabin and an argument using the above response will mean nothing to customer services, it appears the land based offices refuse to give a direct answer to this issue preferring to pussyfoot around it in the hope that they pacify you until you get on the ship and then it is someone elses problem.

My original email to MSC Voyagers Club:

Sent: 1/26/2018 02:46:34 PM

To: <MSCVoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com>

Subject: Black Card Benefits

Hi,

We are sailing on the Seaside February 10th-24th, 2018~~reservation . We booked this cruise as a 15 day sailing (not as a B2B).

As a Black Card Voyager Club members we were supposed to receive a minimum of $50 onboard credit. I don’t see where this has been applied to our reservation. Will we get the $50 each and when will I see this applied to my reservation?

Also, when we booked this cruise Sept. 14, 2016, the Black card dinner benefit provided for each of us (my husband and I) a dinner in a specialty restaurant with a guest. So a complimentary dinner for me AND a complimentary dinner for my husband who is also a Black Card member, right? You changed this after final payment and two weeks before our cruise…surely we are “grandfathered” in. Now I am seeing you have changed that to “one per cabin”? That can’t be right. Those were not the conditions when we signed up for it. And that was not the policy when we sailed on Divina in November, 2016.

Champagne and strawberries….shouldn’t we BOTH get that since we are both Black Card members?

Thank you for your attention to this matter and we look forward to your prompt reply.

Susan E

Charles E

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

MSC Voyages Club response:

Good afternoon,

If your sailing is a Voyages Select sailing, you get the $50 OBC. Your sailing is not a Voyages Select Sailing. As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for choosing MSC Cruises.

MSC Voyagers Club

A cunningly carefully worded reply to include the words "Individual benefits"

The "Individual benefits" are defined in the T&Cs of the club,

There are also "cabin" benefits defined in the T&Cs

eg

ComplimentarySpeciality Restaurant “Tasting Menu” Dinner (no beverages) [black] per cabin. Membersare entitled to enjoy a tasting menu dinner for 2 at aspecialityrestaurant once during the cruise (beverages excluded). Members mayextend theirinvitation to one occupant of the same cabin only once and only ifthe cabin mate isnot a black card member. Privilege and speciality restaurants maynot be available onall ship classes. Privilege is not available if the members decidesto eat dinner atself-service buffet. Members under 18 must be accompanied inorder to enjoy the privilege.

Complimentary Spumantewith chocolate-dipped fruit [black], per cabin andonce per cruise.Privilege not available for members under 18 years old

Pete

Bea ... They know they have opened a Hornets nest with this one, more people need to complain and not just accept the word of the local VC person who trots out the party line, which is a sloping shoulders response.

"As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits"

Well no they don`t because the T & C as provided by Skier say per cabin! come on people get wise to this before even more benefits are watered down and taken away.

As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits.

Suzyed ... Once again no direct answer to the Two questions but an open one that could mean anything. On the ship you will be told only 1 per cabin and an argument using the above response will mean nothing to customer services, it appears the land based offices refuse to give a direct answer to this issue preferring to pussyfoot around it in the hope that they pacify you until you get on the ship and then it is someone elses problem.

Someone asked me to post the email so I did. I can't give anymore clarification than what you can infer by it.

REALLY PEOPLE! It is a a free meal and it clearly states one per cabin. If you want another meal pay for it.Do you enjoy creating issues that are clearly non issues. The above discussion is interesting. Enjoy your one free speciality meal and be grateful, you have something free which is a wonderful perk. Are you next going to try and interpret MSC ‘s wording so that your cruise becomes free?

Linda ... your arguement is beyond stupid, go and read the Black card benefits which are per person not per cabin!

Susan ... There is/was no intention of saying you did anything other than share the reply.

REALLY PEOPLE! It is a a free meal and it clearly states one per cabin. If you want another meal pay for it.Do you enjoy creating issues that are clearly non issues. The above discussion is interesting. Enjoy your one free speciality meal and be grateful, you have something free which is a wonderful perk. Are you next going to try and interpret MSC ‘s wording so that your cruise becomes free?

Why would you not allow people to express their displeasure with a perk that has been removed?

Do you cruise MSC?

If you do, are you completely satisfied if they removed your perks?

Bea ... They know they have opened a Hornets nest with this one, more people need to complain and not just accept the word of the local VC person who trots out the party line, which is a sloping shoulders response.

"As Black Card members, you both get your individual benefits"

Well no they don`t because the T & C as provided by Skier say per cabin! come on people get wise to this before even more benefits are watered down and taken away.

Totally agree with you. Only wish more people would stand up and express their concern. If they reduce this perk, what other one is next????

Thanks again for your help!

Totally agree with you. Only wish more people would stand up and express their concern. If they reduce this perk, what other one is next????

Thanks again for your help!

I complained about it to Captain Scala when I saw him on this week's cruise (telling him I understood it was not his decision, but also using the term bait & switch) and plan to complain again at the Black Card event today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Linda ... your arguement is beyond stupid, go and read the Black card benefits which are per person not per cabin!

Susan ... There is/was no intention of saying you did anything other than share the reply.

WoW, Really...........

Enjoy your one free speciality meal and be grateful, you have something free which is a wonderful perk.

I beg to differ! We've spent a lot of money with MSC to earn these perks, only to have them slowly, but surely, diminished, from a company who promises to reward loyalty. Here is what it states on the website:

The MSC Voyagers Club is our way of sharing with you the little touches which make your cruise experience an excellent one, and each time you begin a journey with us, you can take advantage of increasing benefits and rewards.

Note it says "increasing benefits and rewards". Our experience has been decreasing benefits and rewards since reaching Black - the highest tier of the "loyalty" club! Why should either my husband or I not receive what was a benefit of "meal for 2 in a Speciality Restaurant" because the other is a Black Card holder?

The point you're obviously missing is that this is just one more benefit being REMOVED and this happened in a very under-handed way, without any notice/warning to us Black Card holders, and in a very weasly-worded way.

Edited by Beamafar

I think they have realised that it is costing them too much due to the status match at black card level and have decided to penalise everyone including those who have earned their Black card status.

There is no other reason for this nonsense.

The point is that points earned are per person and not per cabin!

These terms have been on the UK site since 2015, before MSC started doing the status match