Is this a good itinerary for a honeymoon?

FSU Girl

So I’m pretty conflicted on what to do for my honeymoon and we have like a million options I like.

How is the Infinity? It seems like it’s an older smaller ship. Is it nice? I’m thinking about doing a week itinerary that starts in Venice. It looks like you get on the ship, but don’t actually leave for a day? Is that normal. It has the boat starting on August 10 Saturday, but it has as day 2 Venice departs 5pm.

Is Venice easy to fly into from the US? Or from Paris, I’m considering doing a week in Paris before the cruise. Does this seem like too much traveling for a two week honeymoon?

The Infinity is an older and more seasoned ship. However, it really depends if you are okay with that or if you want a more updated and a little glitzier ship.

As far as Paris and boarding in Venice, we actually trained from Paris to Venice a few years ago. It certainly takes longer than flying, but it was a nice trip. We have also flown to Venice, so if time is of the essence, do that for sure. I found Venice very easy to navigate.

It sounds like you have two weeks. You can do Paris pretty easily in three or four days. Be sure to see the Palace of Versailles. You can do it by bike, as you peddle to the train station in a small group, board the train and get off in Versailles. Just an idea that is a wonderful way to spend the day. Also, a least spend some time in Venice; it is romantic like Paris and very welcoming...yes, there is a lot of information on both using CC. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Infinity is an older and more seasoned ship. However, it really depends if you are okay with that or if you want a more updated and a little glitzier ship.

As far as Paris and boarding in Venice, we actually trained from Paris to Venice a few years ago. It certainly takes longer than flying, but it was a nice trip. We have also flown to Venice, so if time is of the essence, do that for sure. I found Venice very easy to navigate.

It sounds like you have two weeks. You can do Paris pretty easily in three or four days. Be sure to see the Palace of Versailles. You can do it by bike, as you peddle to the train station in a small group, board the train and get off in Versailles. Just an idea that is a wonderful way to spend the day. Also, a least spend some time in Venice; it is romantic like Paris and very welcoming...yes, there is a lot of information on both using CC. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do like the newer ships, but if the boat is still well taken care of that’s ok too. I went on the Disney Magic and that ship was built in 1998 and really liked it.

Versailles is definitely on my radar it’s my number one place to visit

I've only taken one Med cruise (Venice to Barcelona) and that was ten years ago on Infinity's older sister, Millennium. It was one of my favorite cruises that I've taken.

We boarded in Venice and the ship overnighted there which was an attractive part of the itinerary.

We were on Infinity a year ago sailing around South America (and we sailed on her during her first year of service in 2002). The ship was in very condition to us and we still very much liked her. A European cruise is very itinerary driven and port intensive. The ship matters less than a Caribbean itinerary where you might not even get off the ship at some stops.

Flying to Venice (Marco Polo Airport) from the USA is not hard. My son and I flew from Chicago to Venice by way of Atlanta on Delta. My wife and daughter flew through Milan on Air Italia. We all got to Venice without difficulty.

I would recommend spending a couple of nights in Venice before the cruise anyway if you've never been there before.

Edited by mahdnc

Both Venice and Paris deserve several days each!

Look at multi city flights on any of the major travel providers and see what comes up.....I would suggest flying straight to Venice ( you will probably have a connecting flight in Amsterdam, London or Paris) for a few days then cruising, then flying to Paris as a stop off for a few more days before going home. I am unsure about your cruise itinerary but I would guess the Adriatic?

Alternatively both Italy and France are both great places to visit and honestly deserve ‘more than a glance’...you don’t have to do everything in one go....Why not leave France for another time? ...Fly into Rome (or Milan or Florence) spend a week or so enjoying Italy (trains are good and fast) and then cruise and fly home.

Incidentally, our honeymoon, well over 30 years ago was spent in Italy....Make sure you find time for leisurely meals and to simply sit in small cafes and soak up the atmosphere.....

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding and sincere best wishes for your honeymoon, whatever you choose!

We are fresh off the Infinity, first week of January 2018. We had sailed her before, 5 years ago. We are seasoned Celebrity cruisers, have been on both M and S class ships. Would never sail Infinity again. The ship is old, tired, and outdated. The staff remains great and the ship was always spotless, despite the rude guests on our cruise.

Now....itinerary might drive your decision, but take a look at other sailings

On other Celebrity ships...

Just MHO

Sent from my iPad using Forums