Fort Lauderdale Hotels

tbaby2020

We’ve booked the Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel for 3 nights pre cruise. We wanted to stay close to the cruise port. The reviews looked pretty good on TripAdvisor. I hope they’re right, very pricey!! Does anyone know if there are beaches within walking distance?

Look at google maps. The south end of Fort Lauderdale Beach is about 2 miles away. It is a flat walk except (and this is a tall except) crossing the 17th Street drawbridge. You can also hop the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) for a ride to and from the beach ($1/ride or $3/day pass). Just cross 17th Street from the hotel and wave down the trolley going east.

I've found the following rates for the night before our Allure cruise in May:

Hilton Marina - $149

Renaissance Cruise Port - $189

Pier Sixty-Six - $100

These all seem to be pretty good rates for the properties. If you have experience with some/all, which would you pick and why?

Thanks for any help and advice! :)

Ruth

• 1 month later...

I agree with Telex831. The Hilton Marina setting is beautiful. The surrounding area is all Marina and water. The pool area and bar are super nice with a fantastic view. If you get a room on th font side, the ships are right in front of you (may have to be about 5th floor and up, not sure as we like the poolside view the best.) There are several nice restaurants within walking distance also plus the water taxi. I have not stayed at the other 2 hotels mentioned so I can’t comment. I do know the Pier Sixty-six just changed hands but that’s all I know regarding that the one. Here is a nice video that shows the Hilton pool area if you are interested. I don’t think they show the view in here from the rooms.

Have a great time wherever you stay at! ��

• 1 month later...
Yes...the rate will be (before taxes) what is posted for your date. We've used Valuetrips...once we got the confirmation (or even sooner) you can then call Hyatt Place directly and give your name and dates of stay and they'll confirm...very easy to do. We've stayed often at Embassy Suites but now much prefer Hyatt Place.

Are the bookings made through Valuetrips refundable in case you have to cancel?...

Are the bookings made through Valuetrips refundable in case you have to cancel?...

Yes....I believe it's 24 hours before arrival...but check on their website to be sure...policy can always change but that's what it was when we booked. You deal directly with the hotel (once the booking is made with Valuetrips) to change or cancel...great helpful staff.

Yes....I believe it's 24 hours before arrival...but check on their website to be sure...policy can always change but that's what it was when we booked. You deal directly with the hotel (once the booking is made with Valuetrips) to change or cancel...great helpful staff.

Thanks for the info!

• 3 years later...
57 minutes ago, muffin1327 said:

What hotels don’t have Resort Fees?  I know Embassy Suites do.

I don't remember seeing that the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale charges a resort fee so I looked it up and couldn't find it on their website or on http://www.resortfeechecker.com/hotel_resort_fees_fort_lauderdale_fl.html.

The hotels most likely to have resort fees are along the beach and the intracoastal waterway but you will need to check. 

For people reading this thread who are driving or keeping a rental car overnight, those hotels are also most likely to charge a lot for parking.  Anywhere in Fort Lauderdale, make sure you check the parking charge.