Cash account/ gratuitues adult child cabin question

jjjennys

I looked on Royal's website, but having difficulty finding an answer.

I have an adult child in a separate room. I do not want my credit card on file for her room. Is it possible for her to add cash for onboard spending and have my credit card used only for gratuities?

Thank you.

If I were you, I would prepay her gratuities assuming you can link to her account. Otherwise, go to Guest Services, second day when there is no line, with your daughter to charge her gratuities to your onboard account.

She needs to complete her checkin with her own information, including credit card for all additional expenses.

You are in a separate cabin and only responsible for charges you authorize per cabin per person.

We paid for our daughters family tips but not their private charges using the above scenario.

If I were you, I would prepay her gratuities assuming you can link to her account. Otherwise, go to Guest Services, second day when there is no line, with your daughter to charge her gratuities to your onboard account.

She needs to complete her checkin with her own information, including credit card for all additional expenses.

You are in a separate cabin and only responsible for charges you authorize per cabin per person.

We paid for our daughters family tips but not their private charges using the above scenario.

I'm finding Royal's website difficult. Prepaid gratuities - is that done when onboard or on their website? Thank you.

Pre-Paid just means they charge them to your account daily vs giving it directly at the end.

In the case of this thread, I believe prepaid means tips are paid before the cruise starts.

The OP does not want automatic tips because they don't want to put a credit card down on the account.

I looked on Royal's website, but having difficulty finding an answer.

I have an adult child in a separate room. I do not want my credit card on file for her room. Is it possible for her to add cash for onboard spending and have my credit card used only for gratuities?

Thank you.

I wouldn't trust RCCL to have any link between my CC and her cabin. I would figure out how much the gratuities will be for the cruise. Then go to guest services and give them cash or check to credit to her account for the gratuity amount. You could also purchase a gift certificate for the amount, but it has to be redeemed prior to sailing and credited to her account.

Pre-Paid just means they charge them to your account daily vs giving it directly at the end.

Sorry but your response might be a bit confusing (to some)...If you've pre-paid them before your cruise their already paid for and won't be added to your daily onboard account...Perhaps I have misunderstood what you're saying.

In the case of this thread, I believe prepaid means tips are paid before the cruise starts.

The OP does not want automatic tips because they don't want to put a credit card down on the account.

We have never paid them before we sail always been billed to our account daily. So maybe I am confused about what "pre-paid" really means.

We have never paid them before we sail always been billed to our account daily. So maybe I am confused about what "pre-paid" really means.

Royal calls the tips that are added to the account daily "automatic" tips. To enhance our cruise experience of course.;)

OP the easiest option for you is to call RCI directly if you booked with them or your TA if that's how this cruise was booked and using her reservation number, give them your credit card and pre-pay her gratuities only. This is easy to do, no need to have any confusion as this is something that's done often. This is something that can't be done online.

Thank you everyone. I believe I understand how handle this situation - which would be call the travel agent and pre-pay. I didn't understand that concept (was thinking I could do that during online check in.)

You're very welcome glad to have been of help. Enjoy that cruise !