Coke Zero?

txwriter

It's my understanding that Princess currently offers only Diet Coke not Coke Zero Sugar.

Is there any chance of them converting before a June 2nd trip and starting to offer it?

I know more people drink Diet Coke. I used to be one of them. But I also know several people who have converted recently to the Coke Zero Sugar product which tastes much more like regular Coke. I have also noticed Coca-Cola has amped up their advertising for the product, and I'm seeing it more readily available as a selection at restaurants. I was wondering if Princess will be adding it to their lineup as well.

Jamie

Diet Coke is the only diet fountain soda (other than plain carbonated water).

Sprite Zero and Coke Zero are available in cans.

Presumably when the supply of Coke Zero is exhausted it will be replenished with Coke Zero Sugar. But again, only in cans so not included in the Soda and More package (if that was part of the question).

It's my understanding that Princess currently offers only Diet Coke not Coke Zero Sugar.

Is there any chance of them converting before a June 2nd trip and starting to offer it?

I know more people drink Diet Coke. I used to be one of them. But I also know several people who have converted recently to the Coke Zero Sugar product which tastes much more like regular Coke. I have also noticed Coca-Cola has amped up their advertising for the product, and I'm seeing it more readily available as a selection at restaurants. I was wondering if Princess will be adding it to their lineup as well.

Jamie

Call Princess.

I believe you can bring your on on board. Tape the pack as you will have to wheel it with/on your carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I can bring some onboard, but there is a logistical issue I’m trying to figure out. We are taking a southbound Alaskan cruise, so this is not a port where we will drive up to port and drop our bags. Our bags will be checked when we get on the transfer in Anchorage. Since there is a limit on checked bags and also carryons (we already have the max without adding cokes)...trying to figure out best way to get Coke Zero onboard with minimal hassle.

I was hoping perhaps they’d added it to the soda guns so I could skip all this thinking and just get soda and more package. Guess not. 😕

Diet Coke is the only diet fountain soda (other than plain carbonated water).

Sprite Zero and Coke Zero are available in cans.

Presumably when the supply of Coke Zero is exhausted it will be replenished with Coke Zero Sugar. But again, only in cans so not included in the Soda and More package (if that was part of the question).

That would be welcome news to my wife who prefers Coke Zero or Coke Zero Sugar.

However as recently as October on the Royal she was told only Diet Coke was available which has been her experience for many years. Sometimes when the ship’s Diet Coke supplies were gone in Europe, they were temporarily replaced from local suppliers with the European version...Coke Light package in taller thinner cans.

Instead she brings cans or bottles of either version of Coke Zero onboard to enjoy during the cruise.

The canned soda pack from the gift catalog now reads:

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

So no longer mentions Coke Zero. Could have been deleted when Coca-Cola announced the name change to Coke Zero Sugar and just haven't put the new name in yet. Or that some ships have yet to have any delivered. If the newest formula is your favorite I would just keep carrying a cube on.

The canned soda pack from the gift catalog now reads:

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

So no longer mentions Coke Zero. Could have been deleted when Coca-Cola announced the name change to Coke Zero Sugar and just haven't put the new name in yet. Or that some ships have yet to have any delivered. If the newest formula is your favorite I would just keep carrying a cube on.

Thanks for the information...

The availability will depend on the itinerary too. Coke Light is offered sometimes too. If they don't have exactly what you want, get a 12-pack, tape it up and stick a luggage tag on it. Give it to the stevedores and remember to tip them for that like you would a piece of luggage.

Ugh I hate Coke Light. Always get given it when in Europe. I'll drink Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Diet Coke, Coke Zero... but not Coke Light. It tastes like fizzy water.

A cruise without all those awful chemical drinks might add few months or years to your life.

If drinking one week’s worth of Coke Zero was worth a few months or years of my life, I think I’d be dead by now, lol.

If I want a soda at a restaurant, I order a Coke Zero. If they only have Diet Coke, I get a water instead. I don’t know what the difference is, but I don’t enjoy Diet Coke. Cherry Coke Zero is my favorite, but it’s hard to find. If Princess doesn’t offer Zero, I’ll stick to water on my cruise this summer.