Help to choose cabin on Royal

suebidou

We want to select a cabin on Royal Princess but would like some advice.

A511 - we are only 2 people. Since it can accommodate 4 people, where is the upper bed located?

M127 - will we hear the sound from Movies under the stars?

D329 - will we hear the music from the Crooners Bar? Can people smoke there?

Thanks.

We want to select a cabin on Royal Princess but would like some advice.

A511 - we are only 2 people. Since it can accommodate 4 people, where is the upper bed located?

M127 - will we hear the sound from Movies under the stars?

D329 - will we hear the music from the Crooners Bar? Can people smoke there?

Thanks.

That's a loaded question.

What do you like to do on your cruises? Do you want to be closer to the retreat pool and buffet? Pick Marina deck.

Do you want to be closer to the Piazza? Pick Dolphin.

You can't smoke in Crooners

When picking your cabin it all depends what you want to be closer to while cruising.

We were on Marina on our Royal cruise, but I didn't like being so high up. The sound of the ocean wasn't as loud a it is on a lower deck, which seems obvious, but it was out first time so high up. We spent a lot of time at the Retreat pool, and it was a short walk, but we all agreed that we'd prefer to be closer to MDR, Crooners, and the Bellini bar, but that's just us.

That's a loaded question.

What do you like to do on your cruises? Do you want to be closer to the retreat pool and buffet? Pick Marina deck.

Do you want to be closer to the Piazza? Pick Dolphin.

You can't smoke in Crooners

When picking your cabin it all depends what you want to be closer to while cruising.

We were on Marina on our Royal cruise, but I didn't like being so high up. The sound of the ocean wasn't as loud a it is on a lower deck, which seems obvious, but it was out first time so high up. We spent a lot of time at the Retreat pool, and it was a short walk, but we all agreed that we'd prefer to be closer to MDR, Crooners, and the Bellini bar, but that's just us.

We prefer a cabin in a quiet location and a non-obstructed view from our balcony. In the past we have had cabins on the Baja, Caribe and Riviera decks.

You may hear noise from Lido depending what is being played but M127 is high and forward. Dolphin is quiet with more wave sounds and less movement. There is a cabin below you and crooners is on the opposite side of the ship. A511 is a great location but that is a connecting room with A509.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may hear noise from Lido depending what is being played but M127 is high and forward. Dolphin is quiet with more wave sounds and less movement. There is a cabin below you and crooners is on the opposite side of the ship. A511 is a great location but that is a connecting room with A509.

So what happens on connecting rooms?

Have you been in one?

We happen to be booked in one in November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens on connecting rooms?

Have you been in one?

We happen to be booked in one in November

You will have a door in your cabin that opens into the connecting cabin. It can increase the noise you hear from next door. In some cases it can also affect your furniture size/placement. I’ve had a connecting cabin once, and with the exception of the door it had no impact at all. It really is just luck of the draw as to who your neighbors are.

On D329, Emerald Deck is above the public areas. I was in an Emerald deck cabin, 2 weeks last Fall, could not hear a thing from the Promenade Deck. D329 has cabins above and below it. I like to be near the International Cafe, public decks so I always choose decks, C, D or E. I don't go to the buffet very often, have breakfast or lunch in the IC area. Being on an upper deck, when I spend most of the time on 5, 6 or 7 suits me best.

Cabin choice is always a personal thing, happy choosing!

You will have a door in your cabin that opens into the connecting cabin. It can increase the noise you hear from next door. In some cases it can also affect your furniture size/placement. I’ve had a connecting cabin once, and with the exception of the door it had no impact at all. It really is just luck of the draw as to who your neighbors are.

Thanks for explaining. It just so happens we are cruising with our cabin neighbors!

They might like the door! Last time the kids would use the balcony to go from one cabin to the other

I LOVE Marina deck. Have had M211 (MS) twice now and have just booked interior across from it for April. EASY access to retreat pool, lido etc. as someone else stated. I don't find it far to walk to Crooners, IC, Piazza. For me...Marina ticks all the boxes.