Best route into the city NYC on NCL Escape 6/24/18

boang1971

$40/day.

We drive into NYC 5-6 times/year, but always on weekends. This works for us, might be different on a weekday:

Mass Pike (I-90) to I-84 to I-91 to Route 15 (15 has a few names including Wilbur Cross Parkway, Merritt Parkway, and Hutchinson River Parkway). We get off of 15 in New York near New Rochelle on the Cross County Parkway and take that to the Saw Mill Parkway to the Henry Hudson Parkway, which crosses a bridge in Riverdale into Manhattan. That road becomes the West Side Highway, and the terminal is on that road.

If you have a GPS on your phone, or WAZE, check it out every now and then (or constantly) to make sure there aren't any tieups.

On weekends we've never had traffic issues

Yes drive down on Sat June 23. Where exactly in Maine are you coming from? You want to take I495 around Boston to pick up I290 through Worcester to get on to I90 west at Auburn and then pick up I84 and follow the directions given above by Nitemare.

Look for inexpensive hotel options between Stamford and Norwalk. We've been happy with the LaQuinta in Stamford as a very reasonable budget option.

If you decide to do this, post back for directions to get between I95 and the Merritt/Hutchinson River Parkway.

$40/day.

We drive into NYC 5-6 times/year, but always on weekends. This works for us, might be different on a weekday:

Mass Pike (I-90) to I-84 to I-91 to Route 15 (15 has a few names including Wilbur Cross Parkway, Merritt Parkway, and Hutchinson River Parkway). We get off of 15 in New York near New Rochelle on the Cross County Parkway and take that to the Saw Mill Parkway to the Henry Hudson Parkway, which crosses a bridge in Riverdale into Manhattan. That road becomes the West Side Highway, and the terminal is on that road.

If you have a GPS on your phone, or WAZE, check it out every now and then (or constantly) to make sure there aren't any tieups.

On weekends we've never had traffic issues

PERFECT! thank you. We are still trying to decide if we are driving or flying. Cost wise not much difference and it would save us a ton of time to fly...leaning towards that and just staying two nights in Manhattan to explore the city

• 2 weeks later...

We drove from Boston 2 years ago, on a Saturday stayed in Stamford Ct. Crowne plaza , beautiful hotel, not bad price. got up Sun, morning left around 8:00 am stopped for coffee and arrived at cruise terminal around 9:45 , it was so relaxed. Best thing staying the night before and we just used GPS for quickest route . So easy to find terminal and parking right next to ship, seems pricey but so worth it ! :)