Naka Pier Cruise Terminal in Port of Kobe

Tea Snob

Has anyone ridden the free shuttle from the Naka Pier Cruise Terminal to JR Motomachi Train Station in Kobe? How long is the wait to catch the shuttle, and how long does it take to get to the station?

Thank you.

Tea Snob:hot-beverage::hot-beverage::hot-beverage:

The free shuttle bus can be found just outside the front entrance doors to the Cruise Terminal. The bus departs when it gets full - which can happen quickly or slowly. Travel time to Kobe JR Station is about 15 minutes, then another 15 minutes to unload everyone.

10 meters from the front entrance of the Kobe Cruise Terminal is a stop for the train that runs between Kobe JR Station and Kobe Airport. The train stops there every three minutes. Travel time between Kobe Cruise Terminal and Kobe JR Station is 4 minutes. Tickets are ¥140 per person.

The free shuttle bus can be found just outside the front entrance doors to the Cruise Terminal. The bus departs when it gets full - which can happen quickly or slowly. Travel time to Kobe JR Station is about 15 minutes, then another 15 minutes to unload everyone.

10 meters from the front entrance of the Kobe Cruise Terminal is a stop for the train that runs between Kobe JR Station and Kobe Airport. The train stops there every three minutes. Travel time between Kobe Cruise Terminal and Kobe JR Station is 4 minutes. Tickets are ¥140 per person.

Thanks BruceMuzz, but our ship will be docked at the Naka Pier Cruise Terminal not the PortLiner Terminal with the monorail. Still trying to figure out timing.

I sailed from the main port terminal. According to the below page the trip for Naka pier is about 5 min which seems realistic based on the geography.

Given both terminals fall under the same ports authority I'd expect the shuttle operations and wait times to be similar, which are as described above.

https://www.shorefox.com/port-review/359/kobe-japan

Has anyone ridden the free shuttle from the Naka Pier Cruise Terminal to JR Motomachi Train Station in Kobe? How long is the wait to catch the shuttle, and how long does it take to get to the station?

Thank you.

Hi Tea Snob,

We may be on the same cruise, Beijing to Sydney on Oceania Insignia? Anyway I don't think that the shuttle drops us off at the JR Motomachi Train Station. We were on the Celebrity Milennium a couple of years ago and the shuttle droped passengers off in Motomachi, directly across the street from the big shopping center. It is about a 5 minute walk to Motomachi Station and a 10 minute walk to Kobe Sannomiya Station. As Bruce stated, the shuttle leaves when it is full and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the shuttle stop. It was also quite busy at the beginning and many people had to wait for another shuttle. We were fortunate to be the last ones allowed on the first one out. I am hoping that we are docked at Naka Pier, since it is about a 15 minute walk to Hanakuma Station where we can take the train to Kyoto. This way we can exit the ship as soon as it docks and just walk to the station since we are on a tight schedule. Ship to Portliner to Kobe Station is a much longer trek.

Thank you BruceMuzz and The_Big_M. Now if I can just figure out which terminal at the Port of Kobe (Port Terminal or Naka Terminal) we will really be docking. Our cruise line says Naka Terminal, but the City of Kobe says berth 4Q1 which is Port Terminal. It's making my head dizzy!!!

Hi Tea Snob,

We may be on the same cruise, Beijing to Sydney on Oceania Insignia? Anyway I don't think that the shuttle drops us off at the JR Motomachi Train Station. We were on the Celebrity Milennium a couple of years ago and the shuttle droped passengers off in Motomachi, directly across the street from the big shopping center. It is about a 5 minute walk to Motomachi Station and a 10 minute walk to Kobe Sannomiya Station. As Bruce stated, the shuttle leaves when it is full and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the shuttle stop. It was also quite busy at the beginning and many people had to wait for another shuttle. We were fortunate to be the last ones allowed on the first one out. I am hoping that we are docked at Naka Pier, since it is about a 15 minute walk to Hanakuma Station where we can take the train to Kyoto. This way we can exit the ship as soon as it docks and just walk to the station since we are on a tight schedule. Ship to Portliner to Kobe Station is a much longer trek.

Thanks Betty. We are going Shanghai to Tokyo on Oceania Nautica. I thought I recognize you from postings on the ATW 2017. We were on a segment last March/April Bali to Singapore on Insignia.

We are trying to get to Kyoto as fast as we can after we dock. We are taking the train and overnighting in Kyoto, then back to the ship before our 8:00 p.m. sailing the next day.

Jewel

We were on the Singapore to Rome on the ATW last year, so we got on as you got off. Guess we remember each other from the CC roll call. We have friends on your cruise. I think you will be in Kobe before us. We have a food tour scheduled at 10am in Kyoto and have to rush off the ship to make it into Kyoto in time. I’m hoping that we will be docking at Naka since getting to the train station will be less complicated and more predictable if we can just walk to the station. We’re planning on taking a different train than you since we need to go to Nishiki Market fo the tour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Singapore to Rome on the ATW last year, so we got on as you got off. Guess we remember each other from the CC roll call. We have friends on your cruise. I think you will be in Kobe before us. We have a food tour scheduled at 10am in Kyoto and have to rush off the ship to make it into Kyoto in time. I’m hoping that we will be docking at Naka since getting to the train station will be less complicated and more predictable if we can just walk to the station. We’re planning on taking a different train than you since we need to go to Nishiki Market fo the tour.

Your food tour sounds like fun - so many things to see and do - so little time!!!

Are your friends on the Roll Call for Nautica March 6th sailing? Please have them contact me on the Roll Call - would love to meet them at our Meet and Greet.

Hope to meet you in person on future cruises.

Jewel

They’re not on CC or the roll call. They are George and Shirley from Thousand Oaks, CA. Nice couple. Hope you meet them onboard. Hope to meet you someday. Good luck with the train to Kyoto. I’m sure it will work out.