Water bottles in luggage....naughty room or not

25dbb

were sailing Sunday from Pan American pier in San Juan, will have some water bottles left, can we put them in our suitcases or will the suitcases end up in the naughty room??? It is not worth the $5 we paid to have to wait or hunt down our luggage

25dbb

were sailing Sunday from Pan American pier in San Juan, will have some water bottles left, can we put them in our suitcases or will the suitcases end up in the naughty room??? It is not worth the $5 we paid to have to wait or hunt down our luggage

25dbb

You're correct. It's not worth the possible inconvenience of going down to the naughty room and then having to schlep your luggage to your cabin.

Edited by davekathy

Hmm. Water bottles in luggage usually get sent to the naughty room as there are a lot of the younger folks who put vodka into those water bottles hoping they do not get caught. I was summoned down at 10 pm to the naughty room on deck 4 to retrieve my missing bag as my teenage sons had filled up water bottles with vodka. A lesson learned back then, never leave you bags unattended even in your hotel room!!!! (when teens are around). Of course, just recently on Harmony of the Seas, I had two water bottles in my carry on and they passed right on through together with two bottles of wine (even though we are only allowed one per person). We expected to pay the corkage fee on one of them. But nadda, they just let it through. My husband also had a bottle of wine in his carry on bag. Seemed they were being a little lax but maybe they were tired as we boarded at 2:30 pm and they must have had enough of the previous 6000 passengers.

Hmm. Water bottles in luggage usually get sent to the naughty room as there are a lot of the younger folks who put vodka into those water bottles hoping they do not get caught. I was summoned down at 10 pm to the naughty room on deck 4 to retrieve my missing bag as my teenage sons had filled up water bottles with vodka. A lesson learned back then, never leave you bags unattended even in your hotel room!!!! (when teens are around). Of course, just recently on Harmony of the Seas, I had two water bottles in my carry on and they passed right on through together with two bottles of wine (even though we are only allowed one per person). We expected to pay the corkage fee on one of them. But nadda, they just let it through. My husband also had a bottle of wine in his carry on bag. Seemed they were being a little lax but maybe they were tired as we boarded at 2:30 pm and they must have had enough of the previous 6000 passengers.

This makes no sense on so many levels. Your rascally teenagers went out and bought vodka and bottled water and somehow managed to empty the water bottles after illegally buying vodka and refilled the water bottles and then put said vodka/water bottles in your luggage, all in a hotel room? Wow - I wanna party with these kids - never too early to begin that road to drinking too much. How did they buy the vodka? Corkage fees only apply if opened/consumed in a public area and may or may not be enforced. How would the security people know if you were together and why would they care if you had two and he had one bottle of wine? You are the one that is supposed to know it is two bottles of wine per cabin/2 adults in cabin; actually you likely had adult/teen, adult/teen in two cabins on the booking - so why would the security people care if you had one or two bottles of wine? Newsflash - no one cares of you bring some bottled water in your carry on luggage or even you checked bags - ever! This is the most over done subject ever and the water onboard is just fine; just refill bottles and chill overnight.

Edited by CelticMCO