Norovirus on Radiance of the seas ?

JohnGc

While some people refuse to practice basic hygiene there will always be small outbreaks. In October, after Captain had requested people to take extra precautions because of a small outbreak, I asked a man in buffet on Voyager of the Seas to please not take food off tray with his hands. His reaction was to call me a stupid woman and move on. Scary stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the previous cruise. Lots of kids as it was mostly Pacific Island ports. One lunchtime, found a bread roll with a bite taken out of it in the bakery section of Windjammer. Promptly notified a staff member who immediately removed the entire basket. I'm no longer surprised at some peoples behaviour in public dinning venues anymore.

Horrifying what some people's idea of hygiene is. Saw a person at the handwash station just dip his hands under the tap, no soap involved. :( I wonder what they class as a small outbreak.

Do some RC ships have handwash stations at the buffet? Didn't see any on Oasis, maybe I overlooked them.

Do some RC ships have handwash stations at the buffet? Didn't see any on Oasis, maybe I overlooked them.

Have only been on the Ovation of the seas with RC and they had a hand wash station you had to go through on entry to the buffet. You were greeted with a song " washy, washy, washy. :) Sea princess just had hand sanitizer. I wonder if it would be too much to have passengers wear those hygiene gloves that people use when serving food when circulating the buffet and using tongs.

Edited by Niceman

While some people refuse to practice basic hygiene there will always be small outbreaks. In October, after Captain had requested people to take extra precautions because of a small outbreak, I asked a man in buffet on Voyager of the Seas to please not take food off tray with his hands. His reaction was to call me a stupid woman and move on. Scary stuff.

What a shame if he would have come down with Noro after that comment. Stupid man

Incredible behaviour, although it certainly doesn't surprise me.