Anytime Dining-Making Reservations?

MaC410

So I was planning on doing anytime dining which I thought meant that we could choose either a general early or later seating and we would be eating in dining hall of some sorts. But now my travel agent is saying that we need reservations to eat! Also is there a dress code for anytime dining or is it just for the specialty restaurants? For some reason this aspect of the cruise doesn't seem as clear to me as it should be and I want to know exactly what we are going to be doing for dining.

So I was planning on doing anytime dining which I thought meant that we could choose either a general early or later seating and we would be eating in dining hall of some sorts. But now my travel agent is saying that we need reservations to eat! Also is there a dress code for anytime dining or is it just for the specialty restaurants? For some reason this aspect of the cruise doesn't seem as clear to me as it should be and I want to know exactly what we are going to be doing for dining.

Reservations are not manadatory, you can just show up whenever you like. No dress suggestions are enforced, you can wear whatever you like.

Everything Bob told you is correct, but to give you the full picture I´d like to add some more.

MyTime Dining is part of the Main Dining room onboard, so you will dine at the same venue as those with traditional dining. Often it´s one level of the Main Dining room being reserved for MyTimeDining.

While Reservations are not mandatory they are encouraged by RCI. You don´t need them, but you can face some wait time if you show up without a reservation. Wait time can range from none at all to half an hour in my experience.

The suggested dress code for MTD will be the same as for Traditional Dining. As Bob said it´s a suggestion and rarely enforced, but it will be there.

You can go on your cruise planner like i do and pre- book the times that you want which is helpful if you want a table for 2.

Sometimes especially if people don't mind who they sit with the non booked line moves faster than the booked line.

• 4 months later...
I would like to make MDR reservations, but I'm not seeing the main dining room listed in my cruise planner. I only see the specialty restaurants. Can anyone offer help with this?

If you don't see "My Time" under dining, then you are either not assigned to My Time, or it's too early to make those reservations.

If you don't see "My Time" under dining, then you are either not assigned to My Time, or it's too early to make those reservations.
In the UK I choose MTD when booking and the MTD is shown on our RC confirmation invoice.

Hi Bob and others...help appreciated!

I can see it available for my sailing on the Ovation. It seems that I have to "purchase" ($0 charge, but all the way through to checkout in my cruise planner) for every day on the cruise?

Does this seem right? Or have we now "announced" to them we want MTD and then once on the ship, just call the MDR to book each day?

The last thing I want is to get to day 2, and revert back to traditional dining ;p;p

I realise we may not get the exact time we want every day, if we don't book online now.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bob and others...help appreciated!

I can see it available for my sailing on the Ovation. It seems that I have to "purchase" ($0 charge, but all the way through to checkout in my cruise planner) for every day on the cruise?

Does this seem right? Or have we now "announced" to them we want MTD and then once on the ship, just call the MDR to book each day?

The last thing I want is to get to day 2, and revert back to traditional dining ;p;p

I realise we may not get the exact time we want every day, if we don't book online now.

Thanks in advance.

There is a way to make MTD reservations for each day without totally checking out, but I never figured it out. Royal's website is not intuitive to me. I just checked out and started over for the next day.

There is a way to make MTD reservations for each day without totally checking out, but I never figured it out. Royal's website is not intuitive to me. I just checked out and started over for the next day.

I’ve yet to figure that one out as well. Such a long process having to check out after each day.

I’ve yet to figure that one out as well. Such a long process having to check out after each day.

I think Biker had the most recent post describing how to avoid checking out after each day's reservation, but unfortunately I did not save that link.

I think Biker had the most recent post describing how to avoid checking out after each day's reservation, but unfortunately I did not save that link.

This is how I did it.

Open cruise planner, click on Dining and Beverage tab, at the bottom there is a option to make a reservation or plan all cruise dining. The plan all is only available if you haven't made any reservations already.

This is how I did it.

Open cruise planner, click on Dining and Beverage tab, at the bottom there is a option to make a reservation or plan all cruise dining. The plan all is only available if you haven't made any reservations already.

Does that just apply to MTD.

What I’m getting at is if you have made a specialty dining reservation a few months prior to MTD opening up can you still go in and “plan all”

Does that just apply to MTD.

What I’m getting at is if you have made a specialty dining reservation a few months prior to MTD opening up can you still go in and “plan all”

I understand what you are asking and can't say as I have never booked a speciality reservation before MTD opened up. The first few times I was booking MTD I used the "make a reservation" button and booked day 1 and had to check out before I could book day 2 and the "plan all" option was no longer available to select so I had to do the remainder of the days one day at a time (book then checkout) which was a real pain.

I understand what you are asking and can't say as I have never booked a speciality reservation before MTD opened up. The first few times I was booking MTD I used the "make a reservation" button and booked day 1 and had to check out before I could book day 2 and the "plan all" option was no longer available to select so I had to do the remainder of the days one day at a time (book then checkout) which was a real pain.

Thanks for the update.

This is how I did it.

Fantastic! Thanks Mcdonaldbam - worked (almost) a treat once I cancelled Day 1 - I got the option available!

I could book for the rest of the days ALL at once :) ... but unfortunately get an error for Day 1 :( I'll wait until tomorrow to try and make a booking for that individual day!

ps: One minor update to your instructions:

After opening cruise planner, click on the "DINING AND BEVERAGE" tab, then click on "ALL DINING" link - then follow instructions above :)

Cheers...