Question about soda on board, where can I get it on Getaway??

crazyboutdisney

When we were on the Breakaway, the bar in the buffet was closed in the morning. We had the hardest time getting a soda in the am. Usually had to ask a waiter clearing the tables. Much harder to get my Diet Coke on NCL than it was on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were on the Breakaway, the bar in the buffet was closed in the morning. We had the hardest time getting a soda in the am. Usually had to ask a waiter clearing the tables. Much harder to get my Diet Coke on NCL than it was on Carnival.

Where did you find a Diet Coke on the all-Pepsi Breakaway?

or you can just walk outside a bit and hit up the pool bar, it is like right next to each other.

Is there anywhere to buy a can or plastic bottle that I’m not going to have to finance??? Lol I’d really like to have some in my cabin

I have only been on the Epic, (heading on the Getaway soon) not sure if they are all the same with "soda" but my kids got soda out of a vending Machine in the arcade.

Where did you find a Diet Coke on the all-Pepsi Breakaway?

I refer to it as Diet Coke, and they always correct me and say "Is Pepsi OK?" I could care less what they call it, it was my diet soda that I have to have in the am. I can never remember what brand each cruise line sells. And sometimes they change the brand between my cruises. I sail Carnival, NCL and RCL. I took a guess!

I’m like the OP and drink soda in the morning to. I know the Escape has a bar inside the buffet but I don’t remember a bar inside the buffet on the Getaway. Is there one? We are on the Getaway in March and hope I can find a bar open early to get my soda.
On the Getaway, the bar is all the way aft in the Garden Cafe.

I’m like the OP and drink soda in the morning to. I know the Escape has a bar inside the buffet but I don’t remember a bar inside the buffet on the Getaway. Is there one? We are on the Getaway in March and hope I can find a bar open early to get my soda.
There's definitely bars open early because I often turned my breakfast into a brunch! There's a bar way in the back, but I can't remember if it's open for breakfast, I stopped at one of the bars on my walk to the buffet.

It could have just been the first day, but the line was like 20 deep in the buffet bar (and it's not big) that I preferred to just bring my own to avoid a line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I the South, we call it all CoCola...we call pepsi swill. So yeah, I take my BOURBON neat or with club soda on NCL. :)

Pepsi originated in North Carolina, which was part of the Confederate States of America.

Boy do I hear ya'. I battle this on every ship I'm on. I too, only drink Diet Coke for my coffee, and I get up early.

Empty your fridge when you get to your cabin.

There will be a Pepsi in the fridge, and when you see your steward ask him/her to bring you 6 more cans...then put them in there.

Pay the $2 each for having them at hand...plus a small tip to the steward for the convenience.

Take a few empty 12 oz bottles with you, IN your regular luggage, and transfer the cans into the bottles as you need them.

It's easier to carry and when you get a 'cup' at the bar you can transfer it to the bottle.

In Miami after they have checked your carry on there is a couple areas that have vending machines. Some downstairs and upstairs. I purchased a few bottles and placed them in my bag. I think other passengers do this as well cause they were running out of several kinds.:evilsmile:

Is there anywhere to buy a can or plastic bottle that I’m not going to have to finance??? Lol I’d really like to have some in my cabin

There are cans in the mini bar in your room. If you want more of a certain kind, ask your room steward. They cost the same as buying one at the bar (but are not included in the beverage packages).