Registration "appointment"??

It's been a minute since we've sailed, but the option to select when I want to board was on the online check-in. I was to select 2, 2:30, or 3. By 2, I would like to have eaten, and been a couple cocktails in. Is this an effort to try and get us NOT to arrive by 11? Will we be turned away if we show up before our appointment?

It's been a minute since we've sailed, but the option to select when I want to board was on the online check-in. I was to select 2, 2:30, or 3. By 2, I would like to have eaten, and been a couple cocktails in. Is this an effort to try and get us NOT to arrive by 11? Will we be turned away if we show up before our appointment?

Do you feel The this was a request or suggestion to check in at these times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suggested check-in times are usually not enforced at US ports, unless they give some sort of specific reason for a delay, such as enhanced cleaning (higher noro percentage on the preceeding cruise), some sort of govenment inspection, mechanical problem, fog, etc.

are they enforced at non USA ports?

A couple of years ago, there were reports that cruises out of Australia enforced the assigned boarding times. I've not heard about those lately, so I don't know if that is still the case there.

A couple of years ago, there were reports that cruises out of Australia enforced the assigned boarding times. I've not heard about those lately, so I don't know if that is still the case there.

Other than being consistently inconsistent, I can’t understand why Royal wastes the effort to send out these notices. Having said that, the only Port we have received a request to board at certain times was Miami.

okay thanks Bob. We are sailing out of Italy.

Other than being consistently inconsistent, I can’t understand why Royal wastes the effort to send out these notices. Having said that, the only Port we have received a request to board at certain times was Miami.

I suspect that a good many people follow the guideline and it ends up helping to spread out the passenger flow into the terminal. Only a very small percentage of cruisers read Cruise Critic.

RC began doing this a few years back. My guess is they started doing it because staggering the boarding times keep crowds down in the Windjammer. As we all know, lunch in the Windjammer on boarding day is complete insanity. I've noticed a difference since they've implemented this policy.

Any idea how those arrival times are allotted? Still trying to figure why my husband was offered a 10-10:30 arrival but my daughter and I were only offered 1pm onwards slots. Same reservation, same room, same number of crown and anchor points (second cruise). I had to back track our signing up to go back to his page to click the button that joined my daughter and I to his 10-10:30am time slot. Otherwise we were supposed to arrive 3hrs after he did. Any thoughts as to why?

Any idea how those arrival times are allotted? Still trying to figure why my husband was offered a 10-10:30 arrival but my daughter and I were only offered 1pm onwards slots. Same reservation, same room, same number of crown and anchor points (second cruise). I had to back track our signing up to go back to his page to click the button that joined my daughter and I to his 10-10:30am time slot. Otherwise we were supposed to arrive 3hrs after he did. Any thoughts as to why?

Now that is something I had not heard. I was under the impression that is was boarding by deck number??? You say you were in same cabin.

Makes no sense to me why same cabin would get different boarding times for each occupant.

Ignore it. As Bob already posted...arrive when you like...and all together. ;)

Enjoy your cruise! :D

No idea, but it really doesn't matter since the suggested arrival times are not enforced.

prepare to be disappointed. it hasn't been available in the WJ for a while.

Maybe not....I was shocked to see the ever elusive honey stung chicken in the Windjammer for lunch on Day 2 of my recent Liberty sailing...so there is hope!

Now if they'd only bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart in the MDR...