Faster to the fun! (FTTF)

Bllybb758

The time shown on FTTF is just a placeholder because it is technically an excursion all excursions have times associated with them. With FTTF, you ignore all assigned arrival appointments and you can check in whenever you wish.

What do you mean show up whenever? I can’t imagine them letting us wait around for the debarment process

How do they allow such a thing are the chairs that comfortable??

They are. I've searched IKEA for them to replace my sofa but, no luck. ;p:')

Seriously though, you can be there as soon as the terminal opens (10:30 or 11?) because as soon as the ship is cleared, FTTF guests will board priority (behind the diamond/platinum/wedding guests)

We got FTTF on our Vista cruise out of New York last time. Best investment...embarkation was a mess, but it was less messy for VIP/FTTF/PLATINUM guests. NOt having to wait in line at guest services when the line was huge (and it often was...) was a huge benefit, though the stares of death by the "regular liners" took some getting used to.

On our next cruise on the Magic, we have 2 tender ports (Belize and Grand Cayman) and I think we plan on doing our own thing at those ports, so having early access to get off will be nice.

We never purchased fttf and in April for our next cruise (on the Vista) we will be platinum. But, we are not one to arrive early, and we pack light and we use our largest carry on size suitcase (one thing we've learned early on is not to over pack) and we usually arrive after 2pm so we seldom had to wait more than 45 minutes or even less on many of our trips. If I had kids and if I had a lot or large luggage then it's probably worth it. Can't speak for guest services as we probably visited them less than twice and never recalled a long line. Tenders, again our choice but we always wait and take our time getting off the ship on tender ports so never an issue of waiting.

I've been on two cruises and never had it. I just booked another cruise at the end of April, and noticed it was available for purchase. From what it sounds like, I am very lucky it is available. With there being 6 stops, I decided to give it a try. Can't wait to be Platinum, and it's always free.

Every cruise I've taken has been out of New Orleans. The only thing I can figure is that other ports must have a much more cumbersome and disorganized embarkation process. In New Orleans we move quickly through the check-in lines and are assigned a zone number Once they start calling for embarkation it is rarely 30 minutes before your zone is called, then it's just an easy walk onto the ship.

I just read a review from a lady who sailed the Dream last month and she was on the ship in thirty minutes after being dropped off. Without FTTF.The only line she encountered was the one for OTHER people who got to the terminal before their check-in time.

It's not much money but I can find other things to do with my $70.

Edited by dsotm73

Only one and I was curious what it meant!

I just double checked email confirmation(s) and am not finding what you are describing. I did get an individual email for each cabin and they include the person I selected for that cabin, order number, date, dollar amount, check in time (that is no longer required :D) and payment method.

Good luck and congratulations on scoring your FTTF!

Hey guys I’m cruising on the Dream come October 28th.. Is the cost worth it? It’s not sold out - yet looking to jump on it this Friday if what I gather is correct.

Definitely get it!!! We'll worth bypassing those long lines and getting your vacation started!!!! It sells out fast tho!

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

How do I know when I can arrive in the port?

You can arrive at 10:00am. The building doesn't open until then. Check your luggage outside. Walk around the building to the VIP entrance. There will probably be a long line already formed outside. Show the person there your boarding pass and they let you inside. You will be greeted by someone who will scan your passport and then tell you to go upstairs to the waiting area. Then you will wait there until they allow you onboard around 11:15-11:30 range.

You can arrive anytime you want but you may be standing around for a long time....First off, depends on the Port. Ports like Baltimore, the parking lot doesnt even open until around 11:30 from what i understand, so in theory you can line up outside the gates and wait in your car until they open the parking lot. As a general rule, most terminals will open around 10 am and they will start boarding (barring any delays and setbacks) around 11:30 am

Good to know