Escape Deck 5 - did I make a mistake?

My husband and I will be taking our first cruise ever on the Escape later this month. I get motion sickness at times and was told to 'go low' for picking our cabin. So when I booked, I went with the lowest, which was deck 5. Now as I learn more, I am realizing that this is below the theater, atrium, etc. So will it be really noisy? I can't find anything on the board about this. Any feedback is helpful.

I have not been in a cabin on Deck 5 of the Escape. But a look at the Deck 6 configuration and the Deck 5 cabin configuration from the NCL website indicates that all the Deck 5 cabins are under a public area. Which, to me, means danger. You could look at the specific cabin reviews here and see what folks say.

I suspect you'll also get feedback from folks here who have really been there and done that. I don't seem to be an easy seasick victim so I typically pick higher decks but not cabins that are under public areas.

Good luck.

It's also where the kids club is located, and the hall people take when heading to the exits to go ashore, so it's a pretty busy hallway. Depending on your cabin location, you could have lots of traffic early morning and late nights.

OP, give us a general idea of your stateroom location on Deck 5 and some of us can help to review your choice - if you aren't sure how to compare the floor plans & layout, etc.

One thing for sure, the hallways & corridors are wide - friendly crew members come & go, always saying hello as they come up from below ("I-95")

It is the ideal location if you are prone to motion and exceptionally great in the occassional & random encounter against really rough sea swells & monster waves - unless you are extreme forward but it is still not exactly at the bow of the ship.

On the sister ship's Breakaway 2 years ago (last Fall, we had a balcony on deck 9) - Inside for 2 on Deck 5, midship but close to the AFT stairs & elevators - underneath Deck 6's public corridor just behind LeBistro & Tap's ... the Art Gallery, never heard a thing from above. Barely felt anything with 12' to 15' waves crossing the warm/cold front on our return.

There are reasons why ship's medical center/infirmary are located on the lowest pax deck and midship. When I wanted to watch the ocean doing its rock-n-roll, that's when I head up to the upper deck's Fwd lounge area. The "panic" herds caught by mother nature's storm fury took refugee in the mega ship's atrium lobby for similar reasons - it's low but mid-ship enough ... you do not want to be on deck 14 Fwd or even Aft. Pax heading ashore in the ports exit the ship below the pax decks and noise is "not" problematic in the morning or late afternoon unless your plan is to "holed" up in the stateroom most of the time.

There are reasons why ship's medical center/infirmary are located on the lowest pax deck and midship.

Traditionally, all ships had the medical center on the lower decks. On newer ships like the Norwegian Escape and its sisters, the medical center is up higher on deck 13 forward.

Our room is 5439. I am trying to look at the deck plans and it seems like that might be right under the theater? Not entirely sure. But good to know that it's the best place to be for the motion sickness. That's my biggest worry about going.

Being way forward like that you will miss all the traffic to and from the kids club. That's a real bonus.

Our room is 5439. I am trying to look at the deck plans and it seems like that might be right under the theater? Not entirely sure. But good to know that it's the best place to be for the motion sickness. That's my biggest worry about going.

I believe 5439 is actually below the Supper Club. Although schedules may vary, they tend to have an act (ours was a magician and I see that also in some recent Dailies) in there at 9:00. I believe these shows usually last an hour to 1 1/2 hrs.

2 nights they had Escape the Big Top—once at 10:30 and once at Midnight. I don’t see these being that loud.

Also 5439 is accessed through one of the interior hallways not the main hallway so you shouldn’t hear as much noise from people walking to disembark.

Have a great time on your cruise. It is a fabulous ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums