Ocean medallion?

smurf1635

Our booking summary page recently changed and now shows the same image that you posted. We have not received any further communication from Princess indicating that our cabin is now part of the *****.

We just assumed it was in error but I guess we will see.

Cheers!

In a previous post about *****. It was stated that Muster Station A was being activated soon. Could that be what is happening . I am sailing on regal in 100 days on a voyage where the banner says Ocean Medallion Vacation . I don’t have that image yet though

I’m doing the TA on April 15th and that still looks like the first cruise that will be the “Ocean Medallion Vacation”. It will be interesting to see if that will stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
dff4930c21a18e6a3e8ab0d40d26cf35.jpg

This picture wasn't part of the page I veiw my cruise details on the Princess site. It's recently been added. I thought the Feb 18 sailing only had a handful of medallion cabins. Has something changed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I sail in April and received an email from princess saying I was part of the ***** preview. I also have a medallion printed on my boarding pass. If you don't have a medallion on the boarding pass, you will not have a medallion cabin.

How do you sign up for *****? is it free?

You sign up by booking a cruise that has ***** available.

Due to not being ready for prime time, not all cabins have the *****. You'll be notified if your cabin is in the ***** group.

The ***** is as "free" as the cruise card is/was, i.e. it's part of the fare.

If you have the *****, it's mailed to you before the cruise (a week or so). Once the ***** is in your hands, you can pre-program with your information. When you get to the port, you can supposedly just walk on after showing your passport to the desk people. (not sure about that part, seems a little strange).

We had that picture appear for us a couple of weeks ago for our 2/25 Regal sailing. Princess then sent us an e-mail asking us to call customer service right away. When we called they told us they just wanted to know how we wanted to receive our medallions. They will ship them to you or you can pick them up at check in. The ones at check in won't have your name on them. It doesn't make a difference to us but we did say they could mail them. We were told to expect the package a few days before the sailing.

We had that screen and no emails from Princess to say ***** was not going to work so we were hopeful of a major breakthrough when boarding Regal on Sunday 11 February but no medallion. We are midships and they’ve not even done the locks or put the tablet by the door for anywhere other than forward of the front elevator bank. Multiple complaints about it barely functioning but my biggest issue is not the amazing internet speed or the free unlimited use for plat/elite but the way that they seem to be actively throttling the access to CruiseCritic - not quite blocking it but making it basically unusable. Perhaps they are rather sensitive to negative messages being made public??

We had that screen and no emails from Princess to say ***** was not going to work so we were hopeful of a major breakthrough when boarding Regal on Sunday 11 February but no medallion. We are midships and they’ve not even done the locks or put the tablet by the door for anywhere other than forward of the front elevator bank. Multiple complaints about it barely functioning but my biggest issue is not the amazing internet speed or the free unlimited use for plat/elite but the way that they seem to be actively throttling the access to CruiseCritic - not quite blocking it but making it basically unusable. Perhaps they are rather sensitive to negative messages being made public??

Can you elaborate?

the way that they seem to be actively throttling the access to CruiseCritic - not quite blocking it but making it basically unusable. Perhaps they are rather sensitive to negative messages being made public??
Can you elaborate?

satellite internet can be very very slow during peak times, like using dailup back in the day. just because a page times out while it is loading does not mean it is being blocked. they are a ton of issues that affect page loading times like the strength of the satellite signal, cruise critic web server/database server, latency and so on on.

On the Regal right now, using the great, free unlimited P/E internet, and there is NO difference in how CC accesses or performs, it's exactly the same as we experience at home. Trouble is, we've had issues with dreadfull CC access at home for months, often not even being able to connect, and this with a wired ultra high-speed connection. So I highly doubt Princess IT is "throttling" CC, the issues are with Cruise Critic's servers.