Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

1 hour ago, MrMike45 said:

Well I stand corrected if they are to be smaller/too small to add a Go Kart track.  Based off the pictures I have seen online, they look significantly bigger, especially the top deck/open area 

It's unknown if Project Leonardo will or won't have a go-kart track. Nobody (not even Freestyle Novice :classic_tongue:) has seen anything other than what NCL has released...which isn't much. 

NCL renderings can easily go from "...OMG, there is so much open deck space..." to "...OMG, there isn't any open deck space..." as time goes by. 

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's unknown if Project Leonardo will or won't have a go-kart track. Nobody (not even Freestyle Novice :classic_tongue:) has seen anything other than what NCL has released...which isn't much. 

NCL renderings can easily go from "...OMG, there is so much open deck space..." to "...OMG, there isn't any open deck space..." as time goes by. 

Its not like there is a ton of deck space to begin with

3690581442001_6035680974001_536063888000

Its already segmented to death.  The front?  Haven, you already know it.  And that might go for the rear section down low as well.  Then the big area in the middle very well could be Vibe or the spot for Go Karts or Laser tag or whatever else premium area they want to put there.  Then that leaves the tiny area to the front as the main pool., and the other area toward the rear.  Well, one of those is going to need some slides, and people have been clamoring for Vibe to have a pool.......

If you are expecting things to get any better on Project Leonardo, you're only going to be disappointed.

how much are the spa passes currently going for? And, what exactly does it get you - just access and usage of the thermal suite/sauna/salt room, etc.? Does it include any actual spa passes?

7 minutes ago, kenns said:

how much are the spa passes currently going for? And, what exactly does it get you - just access and usage of the thermal suite/sauna/salt room, etc.? Does it include any actual spa passes?

around $200pp for the week, and yes, access to the Thermal Suite.  Any actual spa treatments would need to be purchased separately.

35 minutes ago, kenns said:

I think I saw someone on another thread say $199 for 7 day prior to sailing and $219 on board.  That was for the larger Breakaway Plus class ships.  I want to say my last time on Dawn it was around $139 for 7 days (but it's a much smaller thermal suite than BA+).

3 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I think I saw someone on another thread say $199 for 7 day prior to sailing and $219 on board.  That was for the larger Breakaway Plus class ships.  I want to say my last time on Dawn it was around $139 for 7 days (but it's a much smaller thermal suite than BA+).

It's being offered for $139 on our Gem sailing June 28. I had it on the Epic TA which was 13 days, think it was around $249 for that cruise. 

Epic:

IMG_6839.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_7010 (1).jpg

Just now, QueenOfZoom said:

It's being offered for $139 on our Gem sailing June 28. I had it on the Epic TA which was 13 days, think it was around $249 for that cruise. 

Epic:

Epic, to me at least, is the BEST thermal suite in the entire fleet if you ask me.  That outdoor space with the loungers and day beads is fantastic to just sit and relax.  I've fallen asleep on those day beds more than a few times.  I don't think any other thermal suite has an outdoor space like that and it's really a shame they don't.

1 minute ago, rtkenmore said:

Epic, to me at least, is the BEST thermal suite in the entire fleet if you ask me.  That outdoor space with the loungers and day beads is fantastic to just sit and relax.  I've fallen asleep on those day beds more than a few times.  I don't think any other thermal suite has an outdoor space like that and it's really a shame they don't.

It really is nice! Unless I was on a cooler weather cruise I wouldn't get the pass on the smaller ships again. 

16 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

It really is nice! Unless I was on a cooler weather cruise I wouldn't get the pass on the smaller ships again. 

For sure, the smaller ships are a bit of a let down compared to the Epic & BA/BA+ ships...  I've only ever done Star (our very first NCL), Pearl and Dawn as far as smaller ships.  We did the pass on Dawn both trips but didn't on Star (had no knowledge of what the thermal suite was to be honest) and didn't on Pearl because it was just a quick 3-day trip.  I still found it worth on the Dawn especially for sea days though.

1 hour ago, rtkenmore said:

For sure, the smaller ships are a bit of a let down compared to the Epic & BA/BA+ ships...  I've only ever done Star (our very first NCL), Pearl and Dawn as far as smaller ships.  We did the pass on Dawn both trips but didn't on Star (had no knowledge of what the thermal suite was to be honest) and didn't on Pearl because it was just a quick 3-day trip.  I still found it worth on the Dawn especially for sea days though.

The thermal loungers are my downfall...I make a nest, get comfy, and tell myself I'm going to read. Maybe 2 minutes later I'm sound asleep 😂

Dawn & Star spas are almost identical. Had Haven on Escape & Breakaway so I didn't buy the pass but Epic has me sold on it!

3 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Totally agree about the Epic being the best in the fleet. Windows in the saunas to watch the waves and you "cook" (something that went away from on most of the -away class ships). Aft facing balcony. Huge space compared to others. Lovely!

do you not see the love for ocean and Barcelona there?

wonder how much NCL pays the Artist of their hull arts?

but i don´t get the point why a cruise ship in NY and Alaska is painted with the love for Barcelona?

Edited by Steff79

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

do you not see the love for ocean and Barcelona there?

wonder how much NCL pays the Artist of their hull arts?

but i don´t get the point why a cruise ship in NY and Alaska is painted with the love for Barcelona?

When they announced the artist and the design, I speculated part of the reason was that Encore would alternate into the European market possibly replacing Epic in the Mediterranean...  And that was the reason why...  Boy was that wrong.

On 6/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, Beardface said:

It looks like someone blended up all the FC Barcelona uniforms over the years and then vomited them over the bow of a cruise ship at full steam

I'm guessing it's an homage - of sorts - to Joan Miro, and Catalan modernisme in general? That hull art would be right at home at Parc Guell. I like it, but then, I'm biased. Barcelona is one of my favorite cities.

4 hours ago, david_sobe said:

And how many of them will ask for the 3 cheese ziti in the Haven.

I hear that it is a very popular dish. So much so that it is necessary to slow down dinner service for everyone by having Haven galley staff run and search the main galley for some.  

• Like 1