Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa 28 day round tripper out of LA???

Ox Fan Cruiser

We did this as a 'retirement' cruise in October 2013. It was fantastic! All the other posts have described the great things about this cruise. Loved the sea days, so relaxing. The ports were excellent, really enjoyed the excursions offered. One of our best cruises for sure. We plan to do it again at some point. Well worth it!

Our family did an 18 day Transpacific out of Sydney, Australia in April of 2014 to Honolulu and loved it. Haven't done the round trip out of San Pedro. With all the sea days there was a lot to do. This was on Royal though not Princess.

We did the same cruise in 2014. Loved that itinerary. We originally were going to go all the way back to the Mainland with a b2b, but I found a HAL cruise that left Honolulu 2 days after we docked that went to Seattle, was longer, and about $400 cheaper. So, we went home with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done this cruise as a last minute. I just recently retired and this is on our bucket list as a longer cruise we want to do. just this month we saw 2 different web sites that have balcony cabins available last minute for the 3/30/18 cruise @ $3999 pp, about $4000 off original cost. I thought I would try that for the March 2019. If it’s available great, if not we’ll just fly to Hawaii for 10-12 days and wait for another chance. Charlie ;p

cjmayes51:

we are booked on this cruise leaving march 30 2018. we booked back when they were offering the sip n sail and paid $11,988 total for the cabin. Decided not to pay that much, called travel agency, switched to inside cabin, then oceanview and when the balcony dropped we paid to get the balcony $8788 (that is with the port taxes included). I have been watching the prices, princess on their website has balconies for $9198, on line websites have balconies for $7798, but I can't get my TA to give me lower rate, as that is for new bookings only. I watched the Oct 2017 cruise go as low as $6598 (I think), so keep watching. Princess is still showing 74 cabins available - in all cabin types. I think if you can get between $8,000 - $9000 total you are getting as low as they go - gratuities will run additional $750+.

We are also booked for the March 30th itinerary, a bucket list, post-retirement gift to ourselves. We chose an aft suite and booked during the sip-n-sail promotion so hopefully the weather is warm. Been to Hawaii numerous times but our first visit to the south poacific islands.

I considered this trip, but, on Feb. 14, HAL released a 51 day Hawaii/South Pacific RT San Diego, October 28, 2019. Check it out. The itinerary is fabulous. I know it is a ways away, but, time goes by fast. We are booked. They have not offered this particular cruise since 2016.

the above cruise on Hal does look wonderful, but the cost for Balcony is over $26,000 per cabin, which is 3X the cost of the princess, and the Hal is only less then 2X the length. Price would have to come way down for us to consider.

the above cruise on Hal does look wonderful, but the cost for Balcony is over $26,000 per cabin, which is 3X the cost of the princess, and the Hal is only less then 2X the length. Price would have to come way down for us to consider.

I see your point. We are booked in an obstructed OV, but, I do understand why some prefer a balcony.

That's about what we paid for a full suite on the March 30 sailing.