Quiet Ship

Tiggipaws

Hello

Sailed on the Eurodam over Christmas and loved every minute, found her to be very quiet. Are any of the Celebrity ships quiet, by this I mean no loud music playing all the time ? Seen a couple of itinaries on the Infinity and Constellation I like the look of

Thank you

Hello

Sailed on the Eurodam over Christmas and loved every minute, found her to be very quiet. Are any of the Celebrity ships quiet, by this I mean no loud music playing all the time ? Seen a couple of itinaries on the Infinity and Constellation I like the look of

Thank you

Hi Tiggipaws...(you must be a fellow cat lover!)

DH and I were very impressed with Celebrity (sailed with them 5x with 2 booked) because they do NOT have constant music and announcements blaring everywhere. When in your cabin you will not hear any announcements other than emergency ones unless you open your door to listen. The only place music plays is in the main foyer of the ship where guest relations and shore x desks are. But if you're looking for peace and quiet I think you'll like Infinity....she's one of our favorite ships.

Celebrity ships are relaxing. No constant announcements. You would probably enjoy the Solarium pool, an indoor space with soft music. We love to lounge there with our Kindles. During the day, Cafe Al Baccio is a nice place to relax with tea and pastries.

As stated above.. There are plenty of quite spaces on Celebrity ships.

Almost every venue is quiet certain times of the day.

Sky Lounge is very quiet most the day. Great place to read a book ... until the trivia, dance lessons, etc start. But even then, the events are rarely noisy or distracting. El Bacio, Cellar Masters, and the Solarium can also be quite peaceful most of the day. Michael's Club is also very quiet most of the day.

In the evenings, however, all of these venues liven up with many guests, parties, etc.

Overall, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a favorite spot or two that are quiet. My favorite is one of the hammocks in the Solarium for a mid-afternoon nap !

-- Don

Also ... the cabin you choose can make a BIG difference.

The cabins directly below the pool deck can be quite noisy some evenings late into the night (like during the Full Moon party). You will hear a VERY loud WHUMP, WHUMP, WHUMP from the music during the late night pool parties in those cabins.

Take a look at the cabin reviews for more details.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911871

-- Don

Hi Tiggipaws...(you must be a fellow cat lover!)

DH and I were very impressed with Celebrity (sailed with them 5x with 2 booked) because they do NOT have constant music and announcements blaring everywhere. When in your cabin you will not hear any announcements other than emergency ones unless you open your door to listen. The only place music plays is in the main foyer of the ship where guest relations and shore x desks are. But if you're looking for peace and quiet I think you'll like Infinity....she's one of our favorite ships.

We've found lots of quiet spots, fun areas, etc. however when we were on Infinity in Sept (Alaska inside passage), we had the most OBNOXIOUS Asst cruise Director. She was over the top loud to the point people would leave the area when she got the mic to start playing games, trivia, etc. We left as well when she came in. I actually asked the soundboard man to turn her down in the lounge. She almost yelled in the mic all the time. We love to have fun and play the games, but I don't need to be yelled to.

We've found lots of quiet spots, fun areas, etc. however when we were on Infinity in Sept (Alaska inside passage), we had the most OBNOXIOUS Asst cruise Director. She was over the top loud to the point people would leave the area when she got the mic to start playing games, trivia, etc. We left as well when she came in. I actually asked the soundboard man to turn her down in the lounge. She almost yelled in the mic all the time. We love to have fun and play the games, but I don't need to be yelled to.

WOW......I would HATE that....I've never experienced anything like that on Infinity or any other X ship. PP mentioned the sky lounge....it is heaven during the day.....until the art auctions start.

Had a similar experience on Millie in September from Vancouver to and then around Japan. The band that played on the pool deck was amplified beyond all reason. Requests to have it turned down had no effect. In the Captain's Club lounge one evening the entertainment was a string duo and we though "great, some nice music" until they plugged in and were also over-amplified. When I complained to the cruise director, who was in the lounge that evening, he said they had to amplify the music because of the acoustics in the room - total BS. We told him we were there to enjoy a drink before dinner and visit with other PAX, not to lose our hearing from the music and our voices from having to shout to be heard by a person across a small table.

As long as the twenty-somethings have access to the volume control - bring your earplugs/

We were on the Infinity in September 2017, and it was very nice! We were on HAL Oosterdam a few years ago. The Infinity might have been a bit more "lively", but certainly not noisy. Lots of places to avoid noise, especially the adult solarium. Noise should not be a problem on Celebrity.

I agree Celebrity ships are generally quiet and relaxing places, other than around the pool and certain bars at certain times.

That said, most of their public areas have piped in music going all day. Granted, it is usually playing softly in the background. I noticed this a lot when we took a B2B Alaska cruise last year and did not get a balcony (not that you could sit out there and read in Alaska anyway). I am very sensitive to noise when I want to read and I had a very hard time finding anyplace that was completely quiet. So overall quiet? Yes. Completely quiet with no music - generally no.