Veterans OBC

Stella1250

I was wondering about the veterans program on Cunard. I am not a veteran myself, but am a Gold Star Wife. My husband perished due to the line of duty in the Army. Should I apply for the OBC with Cunard for my upcoming trip? Thanks in advance.

Then you should definitely apply for it. I know that some lines specifically mention spouses of deceased servicemen as being eligible for military discounts but I haven't seen that for Cunard OBC.

It's worth applying for, in my opinion. Once it's in your record it now automatically gets applied to bookings (this wasn't the case a few years ago).

I have military id and a widows pension. My TA thinks I will get the benefit. Thanks. .

Good afternoon Stella.

Both my wife and I are ex services - Royal Navy.

In view of what you have said it is my opinion that the best way for you to benefit is by applying for the Veterans Defence Services Discount Card...

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/login.php

All you then need to do is to either quote it on booking and your travel agent will action for you or, in the event you already have the booking, contact Cunard directly and apply.

It certainly is worth having. All Carnival cruise lines recognise it. For a forthcoming Princess cruise we have been given $250.00 each and a future Queen Victoria cruise has attracted a similar sum. A P&O Arcadia future cruise attracted a further £90.00 per person.

Non of the above figures include shareholder benefits by the way.

Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately, I am in the US and that card is only for UK. Doesn't really matter, though. I will fill out the papers. If I get it or not makes no difference. I am still going! And very excited to say that.

Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately, I am in the US and that card is only for UK. Doesn't really matter, though. I will fill out the papers. If I get it or not makes no difference. I am still going! And very excited to say that.

No problem.

having just returned from three weeks in the States I must say your veteran's organisation is far superior to ours so I'm sure there will be help for you somewhere.