Exit fee in Cozumel

Mrs Soap

That's why you pay port fees as part of your cruise fare.... In my 35 years of cruising I have never paid any fee to depart a Ship

ICpagejr ... You have to pay for a visa in order to be able to get off the ship for any cruises that go to Russia.

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone knows about the exit fee for Cozumel? I read some where in our cruise documents that there is a fee of 30$US per person ??

many thanks

Kylie

Hi Kylie. The amount is included in your cruise fare UNLESS you disembark the ship in Cozumel and end your cruise there. It's an exit fee for Mexico, rather than Cozumel itself. In other words, you'd have to pay that tax if you ended your cruise early in any Mexican port. (One of my colleagues here at Cruise Critic just did this two weeks ago.) Hope this helps!

Hi Kylie. The amount is included in your cruise fare UNLESS you disembark the ship in Cozumel and end your cruise there. It's an exit fee for Mexico, rather than Cozumel itself. In other words, you'd have to pay that tax if you ended your cruise early in any Mexican port. (One of my colleagues here at Cruise Critic just did this two weeks ago.) Hope this helps!

Thanks for the explanation. I've flown in and out of Mexico as well as ported there maybe 20 times each and never heard of an exit fee. Folded into the fares is the way to go.

For some land vacations on Caribbean Islands, there can be an entry as well as an exit fee when flying in, the Dominican Republic immediately comes to mind but there are a few others as well. Never had that issue come up when cruising though.

That's why you pay port fees as part of your cruise fare.... In my 35 years of cruising I have never paid any fee to depart a Ship

ICpagejr ... You have to pay for a visa in order to be able to get off the ship for any cruises that go to Russia.

As I understand a visa isn't required if you are visiting Russia for less than 72 hours and joining an accredited tourist excursion as you're allocated a tourist visa.

Thank you, yes that explains it perfectly, thanks again