Alcohol Waiver

sarahc78

THIS is hysterical!!! OMG ... I had NO idea it was going to get so amusing.

esm ... have you cleared up what you need to do? AND you did mention that the picture on the passport is NOT the same person the waiver is for. Is that correct? They are 2 different people?

Oops ... I thought esm was the OP. My bad. Then I am guessing esm is throwing out ridiculous posts to make us laugh.

THIS is hysterical!!! OMG ... I had NO idea it was going to get so amusing.

esm ... have you cleared up what you need to do? AND you did mention that the picture on the passport is NOT the same person the waiver is for. Is that correct? They are 2 different people?

Oops ... I thought esm was the OP. My bad. Then I am guessing esm is throwing out ridiculous posts to make us laugh.

Have to admit...... it's refreshing the patience people had trying to explain it to me..... completely made my day and I hope no one takes offense that I was just being funny with my questions. ☺

What if our names aren’t the same? I’m traveling with my son who has his fathers last name while I have my maiden last name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say to be safe take something that correlates the 2 names, his birth certificate, or your marriage license/divorce papers, something that shows your his mom even though the names don't match, never hurts to be extra cautious

I would say to be safe take something that correlates the 2 names, his birth certificate, or your marriage license/divorce papers, something that shows your his mom even though the names don't match, never hurts to be extra cautious

Who’s on first?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He married Pocahontas. The other John Smith was an actor in the early part of the 20th century. If both of them were to present their passports to Guest Services, there would be no confusion.

I literally just laughed out loud and my family just all turned and looked at me bc nothing was funny on TV!! This is hilarious! Thank you, for making my night!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

What is the minimum age for purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages?

Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol. With the exception of Alaska and Hawaii itineraries, Norwegian permits young adults to purchase and personally consume wine and beer only while onboard and with the consent of an accompanying parent. Authorization will be given only when the accompanying parent completes the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form. This form can be obtained and completed at the Guest Services Desk upon embarkation of the vessel. However, passengers 18 years of age or older are permitted to consume beer and wine when sailing on round-trip European and Australian voyages without having to complete the Young Adult Alcoholic Beverage Waiver form.

Just out of curiosity, what is the minimum age? It says "young adult" but what age is considered a "young adult?" 18? 16?

Funny thread btw.

• 5 months later...

Hi- I know this is an old thread but have a question. I am signing the waiver for my son who will 19 but can I sign for his girlfriend who is 18? I am not the parent. Should I bring some sort of permission slip from her parents?Thanks

I am signing the waiver for my son who will 19 but can I sign for his girlfriend who is 18? I am not the parent. Should I bring some sort of permission slip from her parents?Thanks

Won't work for the girlfriend...

"The parent or legal guardian must be onboard the sailing with the young adult and present themselves at the Front Desk so they can sign the form allowing the consumption of beer and wine only. A notarized Parent Consent Form or any other document allowing for temporary guardianship for the purposes of the sailing only will not be accepted."

Hi- I know this is an old thread but have a question. I am signing the waiver for my son who will 19 but can I sign for his girlfriend who is 18? I am not the parent. Should I bring some sort of permission slip from her parents?Thanks

You cannot sign for the girlfriend. Her parents/legal guardian must be on the cruise too. You cannot bring any kind of permission slip.