Family Suites

eddieg07410

I know the donside to these cabins but if we can get one that is discounted or an upgrade from a balcony I probably would grab one. We will be traveling to Hawaii next December with my daughter, her husband, and almost two year old baby. My question is about the pricing of these units. How is it computed and if too expensove what would be the best way to appropriate an upgrade to one.

The Family Suite is priced per person quad occupany. The first four people pay full rate. Just have to compare the cost to that of the two cabins you would otherwise book and decide if the suite perks are worth the difference

The only upgrades to the family suite I have ever heard of are parties of 6 to 8 booked in two triple or quad cabins being offered to all share the one suite. Only likely to happen if Princess desperately needs one or both of the triples/quads.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Family Suite is priced per person quad occupany. The first four people pay full rate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What rate is this based on? The rate for a suite? I've seen some sailings state that family suites are available from $699 per person (which was way less than the per person suite rate) so wondering what rates they go with?

Thanks

I really don't know at this point what the rate is fora family suite as Princess does not post prices online and you are required to call. I am basing my opinion that there is some flexibility in pricing on this fact and that I have read a number of posts indicating that they have been upgraded to a family suite. Besides the size issue and suite perks, the actually cabins do not seem very desirable.

On a cruise to Alaska on the Diamond, our family of 4 was booked in 1 minisuite and 1 inside cabin across the hall. As we were packing to head to the airport, we got a call from Princess offering us the Family Suite. It was absolutely magical. The larger balcony, the living area, and the Suite Perks. Ahhhhhh.....may have something to do with why we booked a suite for her cruise this year!

We got upgraded on the Diamond Princess as well - from two rooms adjoining to the family suite. It was brilliant. Not sure how much it would have cost if we'd paid full price, but I believe it was well over the cost of the two rooms for five people.