unassigned cabin

Zimmy

We just received our cruise documents for our January 2nd Seadream I cruise (yay!). It says that our cabin will be assigned upon embarcation. We've never done this kind of thing before, but we gave up our previously assigned cabin to take advantage of the huge price reduction that went into effect after we booked. So my question is, for anyone who has experienced this - do we really have to wait until we get to the ship, or is there some way we can find out sooner?

In March on SD I we booked a GTY and did not get cabin assignment until checkin. At checkin, we were assigned a 3 deck cabin which was very nice. Have not had or seen a bad cabin. Lucky you, on Jan 2 I get to go back to work. Wish we were on SD.

Merry Christmas

Jim

We also took advantage of a GTY for the price savings - we figured the least we would get is a deck 2 at a much reduced price. At embarkation we were put on Deck 4 - so it was a great deal. I have said in deck 2 - and they are exactly like all other staterooms - with 2 port holes rather than the large window. There really isn't a bad stateroom on SeaDream.

When we sailed in Nov 05 on SDI, we had a GTY rate -- our cruise documents said cabin would be assigned on embarkation. However, a week or so before the cruise, I checked the website (think it's www.seadreamgrf.com) and our cabin number (on deck 3) was there! You may want to check it out!

We're anxiously awaiting our cruise documents for the 8 Jan RT from Barbados -- we, too, gave up an assigned Deck 2 for the GTY reduction -- so will be interested to see where we end up! Hopefully, since we booked so early, we'll get a higher deck. It really doesn't matter in terms of cabin quality (they are all alike), but I liked being able to walk straight out on deck 3 in the morning.

Enjoy your cruise!

Vandrefalk

Thank you all for your kind replies. And thank you for the website, Vandrefalk. We did go on it but didn't have the club number, so we wound up calling Seadream. They said that the cabins are assigned only a couple of days in advance of the cruise, but I know that I will keep checking the website until we leave next week. A good holiday to all-

Archived