Luggage service to airport?

GloriaF

Does Princess still offer this service? Our flight back home leaves later and we thought we'd use the time to revisit a little bit of Vancouver. Must we accompany our bags to the airport if booked with Princess EZ Air?

We used it in Seattle last July. Had an 10:30pm flight out of Seattle. Not sure if they offer it in Canada; Maybe because you pre clear TSA in Vancouver they will offer luggage valet program.

There was a comment I read that last year, they started testing USA Direct again (from Vancouver pier to airport). The person indicated that it was a "new program" Vancouver was doing. I don't think you will know until the beginning of the season if it will be offered as it seems to be active some years and non-exisistant other years.

Some years I did it, you did have to go on a sealed bus to the airport. You bypassed Customs and Immigrations by going directly from ship to the US flight gates.

If they offer it, I doubt they will treat it like they do in Seattle/FLL.

Thanks for the replies. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Don't know what you are waiting to see. Because if you wish to explore a bit of Vancouver before heading to the airport your options are to either store your bags or carry them with you. There is no USA-style EZ Check offered, and the possible pre-clearance program described in response #5 is only for passengers wishing to be transferred directly to the airport after disembarkation--and requires you to remain at the gate until your flight.

OK, you seem to have a much better grasp on this than I -- how would I go about storing my bags? I really don't want to have to drag them with me, nor do I want to sit at the gate when my flight leaves about 11 PM. I have 20+ cruises with Princess, but have not had to deal with this particular situation. Any advice is welcomed!

OK, you seem to have a much better grasp on this than I -- how would I go about storing my bags? I really don't want to have to drag them with me, nor do I want to sit at the gate when my flight leaves about 11 PM. I have 20+ cruises with Princess, but have not had to deal with this particular situation. Any advice is welcomed!

We had a similar situation when we disembarked in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise. We had a red-eye flight back to the states. I had read there was a luggage check service either in the cruise terminal or next to it. However, after getting off our ship and finding our way to where you checked your luggage, it wasn't open yet. And wouldn't open for another hour. Another problem it closed about 4:00 pm or you could pay extra to have your luggage sent to the airport. Our solution was to rent a car.

Next to the luggage check service there was a car rental, We rented a car and put our luggage in the car. Leaving the car in its parking place in the garage. Then we went out and saw Vancouver. After having dinner we went back to where the car was parked and drove to the airport. There was drop-off fee for renting the car the cruise terminal and returning it at the airport. The cost to rent the car was less than it would have been to check our bags and have it taken out to the airport.

I like to tell people that I rented a car for the sole purpost of storing my luggage.

We had a similar situation when we disembarked in Vancouver after our Alaska cruise. We had a red-eye flight back to the states. I had read there was a luggage check service either in the cruise terminal or next to it. However, after getting off our ship and finding our way to where you checked your luggage, it wasn't open yet. And wouldn't open for another hour. Another problem it closed about 4:00 pm or you could pay extra to have your luggage sent to the airport. Our solution was to rent a car.

Next to the luggage check service there was a car rental, We rented a car and put our luggage in the car. Leaving the car in its parking place in the garage. Then we went out and saw Vancouver. After having dinner we went back to where the car was parked and drove to the airport. There was drop-off fee for renting the car the cruise terminal and returning it at the airport. The cost to rent the car was less than it would have been to check our bags and have it taken out to the airport.

I like to tell people that I rented a car for the sole purpost of storing my luggage.

That's a funny story; but a great idea. Thanks for sharing

Wonderful idea and a creative solution to the luggage issue!

Is the luggage storage at the cruise port?

Thanks for all the replies!!

Edited by GloriaF

The cost to rent the car was less than it would have been to check our bags and have it taken out to the airport. I like to tell people that I rented a car for the sole purpost of storing my luggage.

What a great idea. While EZ Check worked great I think it was $25 x4 of us = $100 We took an Uber to have lunch and then another to the airport. I think that was about $15 x 2 trips so EZCheck and get to the airport (via restaurant) was $130. Renting a car for a day (or less) is lots cheaper than that and then you could go anywhere you wanted. Even book a later return flight to have more time.

Will definitely look into this next cruise.