Was Zenith late sailing out of Miami on 12/19?

rucruisn2

I read in the Sun Sentinel that the Port of Miami was closed for 27 hours because of the small plane crash. Carnival Cruises and RCCL were mentioned as being affected, but no mention was made of Celebrity. It also said Carnival was compensating guests with a $100. ship board credit per cabin, as they had to revise their schedule. Anyone on this sailing of the Zenith... what's up?

I read in the Sun Sentinel that the Port of Miami was closed for 27 hours because of the small plane crash. Carnival Cruises and RCCL were mentioned as being affected, but no mention was made of Celebrity. It also said Carnival was compensating guests with a $100. ship board credit per cabin, as they had to revise their schedule. Anyone on this sailing of the Zenith... what's up?

The Zenith would have been gone at 5:00 p.m. on the 17th. Since that sailing was a four-day cruise, she would not have been due back until the 21st ... today.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The Zenith returned from her cruise on the 17th... I know as I had to get off... then so by the 19th she would have been in the middle of the next 4 day cruise not in miami

I stand corrected, I thought it was the Zenith, just wishful thinking, wishing I was on it. :D

Thanks, I guess I thought cause we were leaving on a Monday, all 5 nighters would too. I'm not even blonde! (No offense)

My 5 nighter in Feb. (Feb. 11) leaves on a Sat. and I am a blonde (LOL) at least partially- I high light my hair to hide the grey. There is a 5 night cruise right before mine (Feb. 6) so I guess they leave on a Monday.

We were on Zenith B2B 12/12 and 12/17. We were well out of the way by the 19th but there was some consternation on the 20th and 21st when we saw on TV that the two ships were not allowed out of port when they were due to sail. We were still not sure we were going to dock as scheduled until morning of the 21st. It would have been an inconvenience to not be able to make flights, appointments, etc. but considering the loss of those on that plane, those we talked to on board were not fretting. As one person said, "Our boys are living in tents in the sand and we are on a luxurious vacation. Docking a day late is inconsequential, no matter what the inconvenience may be." Everyone who heard her agreed.

We leave the 23rd and it is a Monday. Woo Hoo

We thought about your cruise-yours is 3 ports instead of 2 ports right? When we priced it-it was a $100 more for the extra port and we have done all the ports before-so we figured we would be just as happy with another sea day.

Our cruise is Grand Cayman and Key West-hubby scuba dives and he liked Grand Cayman better for scuba diving then Cozumel so that is why we picked that cruise.

Archived