no choice - have to buy drink package (all inclusive)

sgmn

Looking at cruises in September ex Venice on Rhapsody on the RC website and noticed that whereas in the past when they have offered a 'free' drink package you got the choice of a guaranteed room without the drink package. These were vastly cheaper than the 'free' drink package deals. But on the cruise I am looking at doesn't have that option (on the UK RC site).

Annoying - guess I'll just have to wait until the special promotion is over and see if the prices drop without the drink package.

Otherwise I will have to book thru a US travel agent. The one I use is showing about £800 difference in price for two people. I would prefer to use the UK RC site as don't want the hassle of currency changes affecting the final price but there should be a price offered by RC for people who don't want the drink package - not everyone drinks enough to make it worth while

Nearer the time they'll open up the 'Guarantee' rooms that you refer to

If you go on the "I COOK and my name is THOMAS" Cruise website you seem to have an option to book a sailing with 'no special offers' applied and this rate is lower than booking 'with special offers' which presumably means you are booking without the 'free' drinks package