Royal Wine package

crisp1

Wine packages were available on the Royal in mid-October on our transatlantic cruise.

The Royal’s current 10 day Caribbean cruises are long enough & hopefully they have sufficient inventory to offer wine packages. Med cruises before our cruise did not offer them due to a resupplying problem.

Yes the wine cards are still available — just returned from Jan 19 10 day sailing - good value for wines with dinner. Apparently new wine list being introduced - would be interested to hear about the changes.

Here’s a link to the most recent list:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412023&d=1510903877

Just off the Royal (sail date 1/29/18).

There is a new wine list. Plastic coated pages with thumb tabs for White, Red, etc.

I took pictures of it and will try to get posted soon, but little change from the last spreadsheet provided on these pages.

One rather kooky addition: They now offer a Chateau Petrus 2010 for $5288! No not a typo.

If that's a little rich for the blood, how about a Lafite Rothschild 2011 or 2012 for the relatively bargain price of $1600!

On a lighter note, we enjoyed a Silverado Cabby in the Crown Grille ($68) which was served in new (for us) Silverado balloon glasses, very nice.

A little off topic, we purchased a Gold 10 card. Tried to order the Chablis (the only white burgundy available, $39) and was told repeatedly that they were out of it. Yet it was available by the glass in both Vines and the Crooner Bar! I think it would make just a little too much sense to allow passengers to purchase wine with the wine card in any venue - not just the DR's. Also, to offer a wine that is clearly on board and available in all venues.

In other white wine news, a Sancerre and a Pouilly-Fume are still available on the list but wildly overpriced: Sancerre at $68, and the Pouilly at $56. I found that kind of odd.

There is a new wine list. Plastic coated pages with thumb tabs for White, Red, etc.

I took pictures of it and will try to get posted soon, but little change from the last spreadsheet provided on these pages.

One rather kooky addition: They now offer a Chateau Petrus 2010 for $5288! No not a typo.

If that's a little rich for the blood, how about a Lafite Rothschild 2011 or 2012 for the relatively bargain price of $1600!

On a lighter note, we enjoyed a Silverado Cabby in the Crown Grille ($68) which was served in new (for us) Silverado balloon glasses, very nice.

A little off topic, we purchased a Gold 10 card. Tried to order the Chablis (the only white burgundy available, $39) and was told repeatedly that they were out of it. Yet it was available by the glass in both Vines and the Crooner Bar! I think it would make just a little too much sense to allow passengers to purchase wine with the wine card in any venue - not just the DR's. Also, to offer a wine that is clearly on board and available in all venues.

In other white wine news, a Sancerre and a Pouilly-Fume are still available on the list but wildly overpriced: Sancerre at $68, and the Pouilly at $56. I found that kind of odd.

Thanks for the updated wine list information.

On the Royal in October it had from previous years but your list must be the latest version with laminated pages & tabs. The most expensive wine on our list was Masseto which at over $500 (plus tip) was outside of my price range. I’ve read posts from people who have worked on cruise ships that wine storage is not great. Land-based places would probably take better care of those expensive bottles of wine than on a rocking & rolling ship.

We had the same wine list on the Caribbean Princess the beginning of this week.

Wine packages were available on the Royal in mid-October on our transatlantic cruise.

The Royal’s current 10 day Caribbean cruises are long enough & hopefully they have sufficient inventory to offer wine packages. Med cruises before our cruise did not offer them due to a resupplying problem.

They did on the September 9th cruise but that was the one where they started running out of wine so may have been the last one where they offered it.