my time dining

This is the first time my husband and I will be doing my time dining. Do you get to sit with other people? We always enjoyed sitting with the same group every night and will miss that but needed the flexibility to be able to do the things we want to do. Could we still get in a schedule time or is it too late? We are sailing Feb. 25th.

This is the first time my husband and I will be doing my time dining. Do you get to sit with other people? We always enjoyed sitting with the same group every night and will miss that but needed the flexibility to be able to do the things we want to do. Could we still get in a schedule time or is it too late? We are sailing Feb. 25th.

It is your choice to sit with others or not. Tell the host/hostess your preference when you arrive for dinner. Try using the Cruise Planner to make reservations. If you cannot get times you want, then try when you get on the ship.

I haven't been on Royal Caribbean recently but if my experience on Carnival's any indication you don't really get a choice. Sure you can ask for a table for two but the tables for two are stacked up so close to each other that you're essentially just sitting on a table of 8.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I haven't been on Royal Caribbean recently but if my experience on Carnival's any indication you don't really get a choice. Sure you can ask for a table for two but the tables for two are stacked up so close to each other that you're essentially just sitting on a table of 8.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

But OP doesn’t WANT a table for two.

But OP doesn’t WANT a table for two.
Yep I understand. I'm just saying better for Royal Caribbean has changed in the same way Carnival has changed they're going to be sitting next to other people no matter what.

We had MTD on our TA on the Rhapsody last year. We reserved 7 p.m. each night and had the same table and waiters for the duration. Our table was for two, the first time we have done this, but as was mentioned we were very close to our neighbors at other tables and had many nice conversations with them. To us, it was the best of both worlds. And, by the way, it was the very best MDR experience we have ever had. The staff was great. Such a good time!

Last year I went solo and did my time dining and sat at a different table which I enjoyed. However after you find a group you like mention it and if y’all can agree on a time the ship will accommodate you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My experiences with MTD have varied. We always ask to be seated with others. Sometimes we have been successful and other times we have spent the entire cruise without being seated with anyone else. I much prefer set dining times unless we are traveling with friends and then we don’t want to be seated with anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call and ask to be waitlisted for traditional seating. If you don't get it before the cruise, check again once onboard, and they will make it happen. We, too, enjoy tablemates! There really isn't a "rush" on port days getting to your dinner seating!