Bottomless Galley Brunch?

sardam

Does anyone know what day this is typically held on a week long cruise? Is it the same price onboard as in the cruise planner?

Has anyone done this tour on the Anthem, was it well done?

Thanks

Ever wondered how our chefs feed so many people at once? Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of larger-than-life kitchen operations as you tour our Galley — and then savor a spectacular brunch paired with bottomless bubbly.

Ever wondered how our chefs feed so many people at once? Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of larger-than-life kitchen operations as you tour our Galley — and then savor a spectacular brunch paired with bottomless bubbly.

Thanks, that sounds interesting... will check it out. I've seen videos but it is probably much more jaw dropping in reality.

We did the galley tour and brunch last year on Jewel. It was very interesting to see how 4K people are fed for each meal. The tour also included the bakery (everything made on board). Brunch was multiple courses. Soup/appetizer, sushi, entrée and desert. Also unlimited champagne, mimosas and bellinis. Very interesting and worth the cost.

We found about the tour from ur head waiter at dinner. We got a little bit of a deal by having our 11 y/o son comped. I guess the chances of an onboard discount depends on how much they want to fill up the tour. I don't think the onboard prices would be more.

It's free on Carnival...

Hah! So interesting to read this! My first thought when I read this thread was "I did that on my first cruise (on Carnival in 1883) for free!!

And while I agree it's interesting to get this behind-the-scenes tour, the (included) food and mimosas would NOT be worth it to me for $30.

Hah! So interesting to read this! My first thought when I read this thread was "I did that on my first cruise (on Carnival in 1883) for free!!

And while I agree it's interesting to get this behind-the-scenes tour, the (included) food and mimosas would NOT be worth it to me for $30.

1883? My, you have been cruising for a loooong time? ;p

• Haha 1

Our DD is 8, a bit of a foodie, and super interested in cooking. We've got more cooking shows on our Tivo than anything else. When this popped up in our cruise planner, I asked DD about it and her response was a resounding yes. I am happy to pay a bit for a fun experience that our family can do together on a sea day. We already purchased the beverage package, so the drinks and food are really not a factor as much as having an interesting tour and doing something fun together.

Hi all,

I'm going on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston 2/18. I'm interested in the Bottomless Galley Brunch, but perhaps for different reasons than most. My work involves providing software solutions to hospitality industry, with the primary focus on Point of Sale (POS - computerized cash registers). This includes sending food orders to the kitchen.

A cruise ship kitchen operates like nothing on land. Because of the operational differences, they have a lot of unique needs when it comes to POS. I got my boss to pay for a ship tour on my last cruise. The tour was conducted by the Human Resources manager. We spent about 10 minutes in an empty prep kitchen where the sous chef taught us how to make carrot roses. Nice tour, but I need something more in depth.

I'm not really interested in the brunch aspect as much as I am the access aspect. The description in the Cruise Planner says the tour is conducted by a the Executive Chef, Restaurant Operations Manager and the Culinary Team. Is this true? Were they accessible for the entire tour? During the brunch part as well (if separate from the tour itself)? How long did the tour last? Did you see parts of the kitchen in action or was it a ghost town during the tour? Were you able to ask questions during the tour?

Thanks for any information and happy cruising!

** Nevermind I found it [emoji3]

For those that booked this ahead of time where did you book it? I looked in my cruise planner under dining and did not see it. Sailing freedom in April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by DebbieMo

I also bought this, and the Hubs is doing the ship tour. I don't mind paying the $35. Not a bad deal if it's something you are interested in...like me.

I'm foodie and it interests me to see how they do everything on such a grand scale. We are going on Adventure....has anyone done the tour on that ship?

Hi all,

I'm going on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston 2/18. I'm interested in the Bottomless Galley Brunch, but perhaps for different reasons than most. My work involves providing software solutions to hospitality industry, with the primary focus on Point of Sale (POS - computerized cash registers). This includes sending food orders to the kitchen.

A cruise ship kitchen operates like nothing on land. Because of the operational differences, they have a lot of unique needs when it comes to POS. I got my boss to pay for a ship tour on my last cruise. The tour was conducted by the Human Resources manager. We spent about 10 minutes in an empty prep kitchen where the sous chef taught us how to make carrot roses. Nice tour, but I need something more in depth.

I'm not really interested in the brunch aspect as much as I am the access aspect. The description in the Cruise Planner says the tour is conducted by a the Executive Chef, Restaurant Operations Manager and the Culinary Team. Is this true? Were they accessible for the entire tour? During the brunch part as well (if separate from the tour itself)? How long did the tour last? Did you see parts of the kitchen in action or was it a ghost town during the tour? Were you able to ask questions during the tour?

Thanks for any information and happy cruising!

The tour is a pretty large group (unless you show up late like we did :D ). You tour the kitchen that is not the main one being used while you tour (health rules), so a mainly empty kitchen.

Since we showed up late, we ate first, then took the tour, and it turned out to be a private tour for us.

I don't think this is what you need.