What's missing from the Miracle (and other questions)?

MistyRo76

Hi all,

Looking at a possible cruise on the Miracle from TPA later this year. I have never sailed a Spirit class ship. I've sailed most of the Fantasy and Triumph classes as well as the Freedom, Breeze and Vista. I know that the Miracle won't have all the bells and whistles that the Breeze and Vista have. I have pretty thoroughly examined the deck plans for the Miracle and there were a few things that I didn't see noted:

Red Frog/Blue Iguana

Guy's Burgers

Seaside Theater

Splash Park

What (if anything) else might we miss on the Miracle that we would have had on most other Carnival ships?

Also, we typically book a balcony cabin. Looks like the least expensive cabins have views obstructed by lifeboats. How obstructed is the view? It's considerably cheaper to book a balcony guarantee. But if the view is very obstructed, we might elect to choose our own cabin. If so, any areas of the ship to avoid?

Thanks!

Love the Spirit class ships - but no Guy's etc. Was on Miracle in December to Hawaii and going on it this Saturday out of Tampa. Great crew and best rock band on the seas (assuming they are still on it).

Liverpool? They’re great!

Liverpool’s last sailing on Miracle was the repo cruise. I spoke with them and their manager about original music and their upcoming schedule, and they’re now on the Dream, with plans to hopefully score another contract on the west coast on the Splendor. They told me to look for original music by them sometime in late 2018.

They are VERY good.

Love the Spirit class ships - but no Guy's etc. Was on Miracle in December to Hawaii and going on it this Saturday out of Tampa. Great crew and best rock band on the seas (assuming they are still on it).

Thanks for the feedback! We've gotten pretty used to having Guy's/Blue Iguana/Bonsai sushi on recent cruises. But I've always wanted to try the Spirit class cause I've heard such great things about them. I think one of the most attractive things is just how the ship layout feels compared to the other newer/bigger ships. Less crowding, congestion, etc. I was not blown away by the layout of the Vista at all.

Any experience with balconies on these ships?

Thanks,

I've had a balcony on the sister ship, Legend, 2 times and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't suggest an obstructed view balcony as they lifeboats make it very hard to get a good view. You can see straight out but have a huge orange tarp in in your line of vision. You can't look straight down to the water and I love to do that in the hopes I'll see a dolphin. :)

The layout on the Miracle is the same as the other Spirit class ships. No obstructions so you can walk from one end to the other on every deck. No, there is no Red Frog/Blue Iguana bars on lido, but there is a wonderful Red Frog pub. Very large with games and lots of tables. They usually have a guitar player/singer in there at various times. Very relaxing.

There really isn't anything major missing and the feel of the spirit class ships has always felt more relaxed to me even when they are 100% full (including when I was on Legend both times during spring break).

No matter what, pack your good attitude and a sense of fun and everything will be wonderful!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely is making me consider choosing our own balcony room. The guarantees are just such a good deal and this would be kind of an extra unexpected vacation (have $600 worth of gift cards that we need to use). So we may suck it up and do the guarantee anyway and take our chances.

Good to hear about the Red Frog Pub. That's been one of our favorite hangouts on our recent Breeze and Vista cruises. Also looking to enjoy some serenity time since we will be leaving the little one with grandma and grandpa! This looks to have a large serenity deck with even a small pool included.

I've had a balcony on the sister ship, Legend, 2 times and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't suggest an obstructed view balcony as they lifeboats make it very hard to get a good view. You can see straight out but have a huge orange tarp in in your line of vision. You can't look straight down to the water and I love to do that in the hopes I'll see a dolphin. :)

The layout on the Miracle is the same as the other Spirit class ships. No obstructions so you can walk from one end to the other on every deck. No, there is no Red Frog/Blue Iguana bars on lido, but there is a wonderful Red Frog pub. Very large with games and lots of tables. They usually have a guitar player/singer in there at various times. Very relaxing.

There really isn't anything major missing and the feel of the spirit class ships has always felt more relaxed to me even when they are 100% full (including when I was on Legend both times during spring break).

No matter what, pack your good attitude and a sense of fun and everything will be wonderful!!!!!

Also looking to enjoy some serenity time since we will be leaving the little one with grandma and grandpa! This looks to have a large serenity deck with even a small pool included.

Absolutely! Very large serenity deck with a pool and a spa. My favorite place!!!!

The Red Frog Pub on the Miracle is an actual hang out venue with games and music and dark rum tastings with snacks. I love it there!!

I also love the Alchemy Bar. I have never understood the deal about Guys Burgers?? To me the burgers are flat and tasteless and it's just the toppings that are good. You can still get hamburgers and hot dogs on the Miracle -just not with "Guy's" name on them!!

I'm looking forward to our cruise on her in May. She still has the old style grill that I actually like, and the Asian food place on the Lido deck. Also I saw there's a sushi bar, which I'm excited about. Yes it's for a fee, but from what I saw, the prices are reasonable and for me it's a real treat since the closest sushi to me is almost an hour away, so I don't get it very often. Yeah, she doesn't have all the newest features, but I'm sure we'll have a great time with what she does have to offer.

agree with riffatsea, the burgers on the grill are much better than Guy's. I really don't get it, flat, squished, well done burgers. One thing any BBQ person knows, you NEVER press the juice out of a burger and only turn it once.

I'm looking forward to our cruise on her in May. She still has the old style grill that I actually like, and the Asian food place on the Lido deck. Also I saw there's a sushi bar, which I'm excited about. Yes it's for a fee, but from what I saw, the prices are reasonable and for me it's a real treat since the closest sushi to me is almost an hour away, so I don't get it very often. Yeah, she doesn't have all the newest features, but I'm sure we'll have a great time with what she does have to offer.

I didn’t realize they had sushi on the Miracle. I love hearing that! We’re not too picky on the food options. We typically eat in the MDR every night for dinner. But would probably do the Steakhouse one night since we’re not taking our daughter this time. For lunch, I typically just hit the buffet. I think we will miss the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana, but that’s certainly not a dealbreaker by any means.

It's not the Guy's burgers that I will miss on my Miracle cruise in April, it is the fries. They are awesome. I will also miss the Blue Iguana. I love the tacos and burritos there. If it wasn't for the partial Panama Canal transit I wouldn't have chosen this ship because of Guys and The Blue Iguana missing. But I am sure I will still love this cruise and will enjoy the ship too. This will be my 3rd Spirit Class ship, and out of the Carnival ships I have been on the Pride has been my favorite ship.

It's not the Guy's burgers that I will miss on my Miracle cruise in April, it is the fries. They are awesome. I will also miss the Blue Iguana. I love the tacos and burritos there. If it wasn't for the partial Panama Canal transit I wouldn't have chosen this ship because of Guys and The Blue Iguana missing. But I am sure I will still love this cruise and will enjoy the ship too. This will be my 3rd Spirit Class ship, and out of the Carnival ships I have been on the Pride has been my favorite ship.

We are on the April 8-day Panama Canal cruise too, can't wait. We booked it over a year ago and it was almost full then (I know some cabins came open when final payment was due) but it should be a special cruise from Tampa. Always loved Spirit class before and the more relaxed less-crowded feel.

Things you’ll miss on the miracle :

1) people! Having the most room per passenger means you’ll see a lot less people. You might get lonely !

2) an easy walk to the steak house if you’re afraid of heights .

On the spirit class, you walk up a glass stair glass, 8 stories below your feet is the atrium. Don’t look down :p!

Things you’ll miss on the miracle :

1) people! Having the most room per passenger means you’ll see a lot less people. You might get lonely !

2) an easy walk to the steak house if you’re afraid of heights .

On the spirit class, you walk up a glass stair glass, 8 stories below your feet is the atrium. Don’t look down :p!

HAHA - I don't think we'll get lonely! I think I could actually get used to having the extra room onboard! And heights don't bother me. So I guess we're good here! :D

I'm on the Miracle in 4 days! Haven't been on a ship with Guy's or Blue Iguana but will probably miss the seaside theatre. Not enough to be worried about though. Any cruise is a great cruise! I just book what makes sense for ports/timing/price and make the best of what I get!