Why the pressure to pay off the balance quickly?

So a few of us are off on the Majesty May 9th for a trip to Cuba and Cozumel

Invoice states final payoff is due by Feb 23rd.

Lastnight we all get an email requesting that we pay the balance of our cruise withing 24 hours or risk having our cruise cancled?

Even as far as wanting us to call if we wanted to overnight a check.

Mystified, if my invoice tells me that my final paymenty is due by Feb 23rd then I'm going to pay a few days before.

I called of course, nice lady tells me I have till Feb 23rd to pay the balance..

The letter is just a reminder.

Well why tell me to pay withing 24 hours or risk losing my cruise?

The synical side of me says to watch for upcoming price drops, as once you pay the full amount your SOL.

Cuba here we come !

You can still get price drops if you pay in full. All that matters is that the price drop occurs before final payment date.

While I always suspect that RC has ulterior motives for all kinds of stuff we see, in this case my guess is more poor programming from the IT staff.

You are on a 5 night cruise. According to policy, Final Payment for 5 nights or more is 90 days, therefore your final payment is today, Feb. 8. You might want to call whoever you booked with and discuss this or your cruise will likely get cancelled.

Only exception I can think of is if they made the original booking (even a Next Cruise cert) before March 7, 2016. Then it would have been the old dates.

Only exception I can think of is if they made the original booking (even a Next Cruise cert) before March 7, 2016. Then it would have been the old dates.

Even after that date there have been times when final payment on some bookings was at 75 days.

Why people try and wait until the last moment, I have no idea. My guess is RCCL sends these out ahead of time to avoid people who miss the payment date, have their cruise canceled, then run to the internet and their friends to tell everyone how awful RCCL is for ruining their vacation.

We are sailing on the Majesty on May 4th and our final payment date was Feb 8th.

So you might want to just pay it now in case something was wrong with the Final payment date posted on the reservation. And yes I know this would be Royal's issue however it would become your issue and since it is so close to final payment anyways, why not just take care of it?

Strange last month was the 90 day rule, you must paid in full when booking

We have other reports of some bookings not enforcing the new 90 day final payment rule and instead using the old 75 day rule.- which I suspect is the case for the OP.