7:30 Late seating

RCI has been experimenting with 7:30 PM as Late Seating. this is paired with 5:30 PM for early seating.

They tried the 7:30 late seating experiement on OA andswitched back last week to 8 PM for late seating. There is a huge demand forearly seating on ships sailing out of Florida and our Concierge told me thecruisers that wanted early seating would not accept 7:30 PM so they switchedlate seating back to 8 PM, which made it easier on the waiters.

I also saw pictures of lines outside the dining room -- maybe on Jewel - wherethe late seating was switched to 7:30 PM and early seating did not finish fastenough for them to turn the tables.

I hope 7:30 PM late seating bites the dust. 5:30 PM & 8 PM are a good combination.

We were on Freedom Jan-20-28 and had 7:30 seating. Not particularly a fan. We like to relax after coming back on board and meet in the Diamond Lounge around 6:30 or 7 for drinks with friends. 7:30 dining pushed our cocktail hour up and cut into "down" time. They also did 90 minute dining. We never had to wait for the early seating to finish, so we always started on time. We had 2 tables of 6 and were out by 9 every night. It was efficient and the wait staff did a fantastic job, but there was no real break between courses, you order your desert when you order everything else, and there's no real time to strike up conversation with the waiters. Having said that, they rearranged shows for the dining times, and it did give us more time to go to a show and still have time to enjoy the bars. But, still not a fan. 8-8:30 is best for us.

We were on Freedom Jan-20-28 and had 7:30 seating. Not particularly a fan. We like to relax after coming back on board and meet in the Diamond Lounge around 6:30 or 7 for drinks with friends. 7:30 dining pushed our cocktail hour up and cut into "down" time. They also did 90 minute dining. We never had to wait for the early seating to finish, so we always started on time. We had 2 tables of 6 and were out by 9 every night. It was efficient and the wait staff did a fantastic job, but there was no real break between courses, you order your desert when you order everything else, and there's no real time to strike up conversation with the waiters. Having said that, they rearranged shows for the dining times, and it did give us more time to go to a show and still have time to enjoy the bars. But, still not a fan. 8-8:30 is best for us.

This was at 745 pm on the 3rd night of the Freedom 20th-28th cruise. Passengers waiting to get into the MDR. Only 1 night did we get into the MDR at 730 pm. This was floor three.....maybe you had a different floor?f6af30f4f86b24af269d1bb2e68133d3.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We had a B2B with 7:30 seating and liked that time. I think the first night of both cruises we were let in at 7:45. The other nights the doors seemed to open a few minutes late. We tried to avoid the rush and go about 7:35 and still had to wait for the doors to open.

One problem could be folks not coming to dinner on time. If the 5:30 folks come in late, there is no way they can be fed and the table cleared for the 7:30 group.

We had a table near the entrance on that B2B and we were amazed at all the folks who came for 7:30 dinner at 8:00 or after.

For those wanting the full cocktail time, Oasis allows the drink voucher use in the dining room.

M

This was at 745 pm on the 3rd night of the Freedom 20th-28th cruise. Passengers waiting to get into the MDR. Only 1 night did we get into the MDR at 730 pm. This was floor three.....maybe you had a different floor?f6af30f4f86b24af269d1bb2e68133d3.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This was the picture of folks waiting in line to get into the MDR -- I screwed up the ship (said Jewel -- glad I now know it is FR).

830 for great for me and they switched to 8pm and now 730? That’s extremely early wow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess everyone is different. Where I am from, dinner is on the table 4:45-5:00, if you come 5:15 you're getting leftovers! We struggle with the 5:30-6 settings to not bail on the MDR for the buffet. With the kids this cruise will be worse!

I guess everyone is different. Where I am from, dinner is on the table 4:45-5:00, if you come 5:15 you're getting leftovers! We struggle with the 5:30-6 settings to not bail on the MDR for the buffet. With the kids this cruise will be worse!

You could do My Time and reserve a table for all nights at 5 PM prior to the cruise. Or you could meet with the Dining room staff on the first day -- time and location will be in your Cruise Compass.

You could do My Time and reserve a table for all nights at 5 PM prior to the cruise. Or you could meet with the Dining room staff on the first day -- time and location will be in your Cruise Compass.

Depends on the ship it seems. We're sailing Jewel in three weeks and I don't think they open before 5:30 from what I can tell. We will certainly try!