Four dam ships in four ports - Sail-Aways Feb 11, 2018

Boytjie

No picture and my wifi went out at the wrong time but I think I heard one Koningsdam toot. Thanks Peter, Lou, and Dave, and fellow addicts.

Roy

I think that was a departure toots from Freedom as they are underway. Hope you are enjoying your trip Roy.

I know why the pool was more quiet on the Carnival Ship, folks are watching Women's Hockey. USA is leading Finland.

Spoiler alert!

USA beat Suomi 3-1

Edited by Copper10-8

Nice job on that whistle shot! Three toeters by Capt. de Vries :cool:

Well he spent so much time on the dam horn that there wasn't much time to show the people. I briefly saw some friends but could not get a good screen capture. :mad:

Makes sense to me! Except!

Although, now, the phrase " an experienced man to handle her correctly and without a man at the helm, she is absolutely uncontrollable" is very much politically incorrect.

And very dated! I haven't worn a bustle for years...:eek:

Another question for the sailaway fans. A US naval ship is also proceeded by USS for United State Ship. British ships are proceeded by HMS for His or Her Majesty's Ship. In Italy they are all proceeded by AMB. What does the AMB stand for?

Interesting question. The NATO code for Italian warships is "ITS" (Italian Ship) Have not heard of 'AMB' for the Marina Militare before

Crowds out on deck on Koningsdam!:D

That's how we do it on RSVP! It is a big social time; people are encouraged to wear something from where they are from and they do "My Name Is.." tags. It is also a good time to find the friends you made on previous cruises.

That's how we do it on RSVP! It is a big social time; people are encouraged to wear something from where they are from and they do "My Name Is.." tags. It is also a good time to find the friends you made on previous cruises.

And you guys party 'till 0500

I'm rethinking that a bit. I haven't been on Symphony since drydock and there may be some new venues. I appear to be swimming in on board credit so we may want to look at the dining room or somewhere new. Trident is definitely still a possibility, though. Erewhon, have you ever had sweet potato fries?

Roy

Sweet potato is known here as Kumara ( Maori potato). One of us enjoys it but I am not a fan.:cool: