Thermal Suite promotions?

delluser

Thinking of purchasing the thermal suite unlimited for my upcoming cruise. NCL website states it's $20 less to pre-purchase. Just want to make sure this is true and that there won't be a better deal when boarding? Any other promos or ways to discount the Thermal Suite?

Thanks

Pre purchase is the best price or maybe booking a spa balcony room. Thermal spa package is great. I've done many cruises out of NYC in January/Feb and Oct/Nov and the spa is great when its cold leaving NYC.

Love the spa package for leaving out of a cold port, Actually booked a 2 week cruise out of NYC and we got a spa balcony so the thermal suite is already added.

I don't think I would buy the package leaving out of a warm port I would rather be out in the sun.

Pre purchase is the best price or maybe booking a spa balcony room. Thermal spa package is great. I've done many cruises out of NYC in January/Feb and Oct/Nov and the spa is great when its cold leaving NYC.

Love the spa package for leaving out of a cold port, Actually booked a 2 week cruise out of NYC and we got a spa balcony so the thermal suite is already added.

I don't think I would buy the package leaving out of a warm port I would rather be out in the sun.

Thanks!

Pre-cruise purchase is the best deal. However, if you're not sure if you want it, wait until you board, then go to the spa and ask for a tour of the spa. Then you can decide if you want it or not, but then you would not get the discounted price.

I've done the thermal Spa on the Epic, Pearl and Escape. Liked the Escape the best. Spent at least two hours a day there since I'm not a pool person or a sun worshiper.

Just be aware that if you do decide to wait, they only sell a certain number of passes. Sometimes they do sell out. We LOVE the spa and always get a pass. It's a great option if you like a quiet and relaxing place to lounge and don't want to fight for a deck chair.

Thinking of purchasing the thermal suite unlimited for my upcoming cruise. NCL website states it's $20 less to pre-purchase. Just want to make sure this is true and that there won't be a better deal when boarding? Any other promos or ways to discount the Thermal Suite?

Thanks

That is the only promotion.

We also book the thermal spa. And yes it is cheaper to book in advance. But not all thermal spa's are the same or the same price. The Escape is more expensive then say the Dawn or the Gem. I booked on all three of those and we loved the Escape, we liked the Gem and did not like the Dawn as many of the few mosaic tile loungers were not working. And it was just a pool and not a therapy pool. As on the Escape we booked a spa balcony cabin and this was great because we were just one floor below the spa and it was so quick to get there. We also have the same booked on the Bliss.

Do you have to call??? I don't see how to do it online?

Typically it is one of those items that you book 90 days out. But on the Escape I could not find it either so I called and had it added. But then we decided jut to book the spa balcony and it was around the same price. On the other ships we booked it right on the website. No harm calling though. :)

Book online if you are thinking you will enjoy! I made the mistake of thinking I would have access if we had massages (which we do several times during a cruise), so didn't pre-book. It was $20 more on the ship. You are not granted access to the Thermal Suite without the pass, even if you have massages, facials, etc.

I do agree with others that the spas can vary in amenities and pricing. Escape was large, with co-ed arrangements. Jewel class ships don't have the salt/ice caves and while they have some heated loungers (the main reason I book the Thermal suite!) there are not very many, and the saunas are not co-ed (which can be a plus or minus, your call). Some smaller ships don't have the Thermal Suites at all.

Thanks

It is $20 less to purchase ahead of time, and since the number of passes is limited, they might not be available after you board.

• 4 months later...
Book online if you are thinking you will enjoy! I made the mistake of thinking I would have access if we had massages (which we do several times during a cruise), so didn't pre-book. It was $20 more on the ship. You are not granted access to the Thermal Suite without the pass, even if you have massages, facials, etc.

I do agree with others that the spas can vary in amenities and pricing. Escape was large, with co-ed arrangements. Jewel class ships don't have the salt/ice caves and while they have some heated loungers (the main reason I book the Thermal suite!) there are not very many, and the saunas are not co-ed (which can be a plus or minus, your call). Some smaller ships don't have the Thermal Suites at all.

On Escape do you know which parts are coed? going with my DH.

On Escape do you know which parts are coed? going with my DH.

On the Escape (and to my knowledge, all other NCL ships) the entire Thermal Suite (pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, snow room, loungers, etc.) with the exception of the locker rooms is co-ed. My DH and I always go to the spa together.

Thanks

Yes this is absolutely true.

They MAY sell day passes on port days only, but they’re around $60 or $70 (if they’re even offered). Otherwise no, there is no other discount.

On the Escape (and to my knowledge, all other NCL ships) the entire Thermal Suite (pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, snow room, loungers, etc.) with the exception of the locker rooms is co-ed.

That is how it is on the Escape .......but not on all NCL ships.... for instance on the Pearl and Gem the steam room and sauna are not co-ed and there is no snow room on those 2 ships

Loved the thermal spa on the Pearl and have it booked for the Epic. I went studio room and spa pass as the spa has a balcony with loungers on it (two-fer right there!) so no need to book a balcony- just go to the already paid for spa.

Just got off the phone with our NCL rep. The thermal spa pass is now $249pp booked in advance on our Bliss Dec. cruise. Up from $199 as posted by other CC'ers.:(

Wow that stinks, booked it on the Escape for $199. I wonder if it has to do with that it's during a cold weather cruise.