Attaching paper luggage labels

MonSaba

Hi. First time cruising with MSC. We received our etickets a couple days ago. Included are multiple luggage labels to be printed, folded and attached to luggage with tape or staples. To get to my cruise I have to fly from the Caribbean to Florida. Attaching the paper labels before my flight doesn't seem practical as they will be mashed and ripped up or torn off entirely before arrival at the port.

How do people usually deal with this? Will there be tape and/or staplers available at the port to attach labels before handing them over to the ship? Do people pack tape or staplers to attach ship side before boarding? That doesn't seem very practical either.

In the absence of plastic label holders (no time to order those now). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just don’t do what I did, which was put my travel documents holder down on the hotel concierge’s desk whilst I borrowed a stapler - then proceed to hop into my Uber, before realising that I hadn’t picked up the holder!

A quick turnaround in the Uber - otherwise we’d have been passportless and ticketless... but at least our luggage was properly tagged!

I laminate mine, punch two holes and use plastic railroad ties to secure to bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto.... not as elaborate. But I buy the insertable see thru folder and custom cut to fit tag...then hole punch and use elastic type string.

Hi. First time cruising with MSC. We received our etickets a couple days ago. Included are multiple luggage labels to be printed, folded and attached to luggage with tape or staples. To get to my cruise I have to fly from the Caribbean to Florida. Attaching the paper labels before my flight doesn't seem practical as they will be mashed and ripped up or torn off entirely before arrival at the port.

How do people usually deal with this? Will there be tape and/or staplers available at the port to attach labels before handing them over to the ship? Do people pack tape or staplers to attach ship side before boarding? That doesn't seem very practical either.

In the absence of plastic label holders (no time to order those now). Any suggestions?

Thanks

A stapler will do the trick.

Amazon has reusable tag holders. We have used them over and over. We don’t put them on until we arrive at the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are these universal in size or is there a specific one I should look for?

Are these universal in size or is there a specific one I should look for?

There are a couple different sizes- a quick search on Amazon will bring them up. I bought these and have used them 3 times for NCL luggage tags:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMK7R6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are a couple different sizes- a quick search on Amazon will bring them up. I bought these and have used them 3 times for NCL luggage tags:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMK7R6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you know if your holders work for MSC? I haven't seen the MSC tags. But there are the Carnival/NCL holders or the RCCL/Celebrity holders. What size are MSC tags?

Do you know if your holders work for MSC? I haven't seen the MSC tags. But there are the Carnival/NCL holders or the RCCL/Celebrity holders. What size are MSC tags?

I have downloaded the eDocs but not printed them yet. Just had a look and the luggage tag runs the length of an 8x11 sheet of paper and about a third of the width. You would fold the tag in half so that both sides are printed, so that makes the tag approximately 5.5" x 2.5". The link to the ones I posted list their size as 7.1 x 3.2 inches so they should work just fine. They are a heavy-weight, flexible plastic with a stainless steel loop and are very sturdy.

I have downloaded the eDocs but not printed them yet. Just had a look and the luggage tag runs the length of an 8x11 sheet of paper and about a third of the width. You would fold the tag in half so that both sides are printed, so that makes the tag approximately 5.5" x 2.5". The link to the ones I posted list their size as 7.1 x 3.2 inches so they should work just fine. They are a heavy-weight, flexible plastic with a stainless steel loop and are very sturdy.

Thanks, I have tags that are similar to the ones you have that I used for Carnival. But, I know Royal's tags are not a good fit since they are much narrower. If MSC's tags fit your holders, then I'm OK.

I've always found that there is a crew member at the airport with a stapler (if you are using an MSC transfer)

If not then there are crew members at the luggage drop off point who will help staple your tags to your luggage.

I never put them on my luggage until after the fights.

PETE

I just give the print outs to the person at the curb when handing them my bags and they will take care of them. Don’t feel like buying those plastic things for cruise tags if I will use them for 2 hours once a year.

Well, we all have to decide what is worth it. For me, it has been one too many times where I haven't gotten my luggage until 11 pm on the first day because the the stapled on tags fell off and I have to go the bowels of the ship to reclaim my luggage (It has happened twice). To me, the 5 bucks that I paid for the tags is worth it.

Care to share a photo for those of us who are curious?

We have plastic luggage tag holders from other cruise lines....not sure if they work. size of yours that worked for MSC?

I bought cruise luggage tag holders on Amazon in which I slide the paper tags.

I bought the reusable cruise tags and find them very handy. I do not attach the cruise tags till I am on my way to the ship from the hotel. We always go at least 1 night ahead as there is lots of snow where we live (northern Ontario Canada 😊) and it is not unheard of flights being delayed or cancelled due to weather