2 porters refused me yellow boarding tags

crusinpsychRN

In Galveston the porters slap an orange sticker on your luggage if you point out you have priority boarding. It's not an additional luggage tag, and whether you printed your luggage tags in color or black and white is immaterial.

Yeah, it's orange. Sorry. Even with priority tags on luggage the orange tag gets it to the cabin sooner in most cases.

Just accessed and printed my boarding and luggage tags this morning. No where does it say priority even though I have FTTF.

If you purchased FTTF it will have the logo on your tags. If you printed your tags after you purchased FTTF you'll need to reprint them.

If you purchased FTTF and it's not showing, make sure it shows in your purchased items that you have FTTF. If it's not there then you didn't complete the purchase. If it's there and not showing on your documents, you may need to call your PVP.

14xexy8.png

If you purchased FTTF it will have the logo on your tags. If you printed your tags after you purchased FTTF you'll need to reprint them.

If you purchased FTTF and it's not showing, make sure it shows in your purchased items that you have FTTF. If it's not there then you didn't complete the purchase. If it's there and not showing on your documents, you may need to call your PVP.

14xexy8.png

The FTTF logo is showing but there nothing that says Priority in writing. I'm assuming the FTTF logo is priority but that is not what I gathered from the post from yesterday.

I have been priority for a few years now and had never heard about these orange stickers. Is this a well known fact written on the Carnival FAQ’s or on the cruise documents?

Sometimes I have gotten luggage early and sometimes later. I guess it’s not really a big deal to me. If they put them on OK, if not, I’m not going to ask.

I have had the orange sticker in the past when I have purchased FTTF. However, in January 2018, on the Breeze, we had FTTF and they didn't use the stickers anymore. Luggage didn't arrive any later that my previous experiences. My cruises have all been out of Galveston and New Orleans. I believe the stickers are a thing of the past or will be a thing of the past soon.

It's true, some don't Every cruise there is a flyer passed out of someone's bag that is missing. The repeat flyer after a few days says it wasn't just temporarily misplaced. I avoid the whole situation by carrying my own on.

You should still request an orange tag. That is what they mainly look for when sorting the bags. My mom had FTTF once and didn't receive her bags until right before Muster. They were printed in color and in all the confusion she forgot to ask for the sticker. Lesson learned.

I also have learned over many cruises, pack light and carry on your bags. WAAYYYY easier all the way around :)

The sticker is different from the cabin tags.

I understand.... But in reality....if this is being done its very inconsistent. My last cruise (and I am Platinum) the bag porters just whisked our bags away as they were taken off our transportation. Didn't even ask nor look. So I'm not sure what/if any process is in place

Oh,come on now folks. We've had FTTF before and never had these stickers when cruising out of FLL. I never even knew they existed before this thread.

So, you're telling anyone with priority or FTTF on their cabin tags to now take extra time to ensure that the porter affixes these orange stickers to your bags or ask them to?

I gave Carnival $70 in free money for these "perks", the least they can do is MAIL me these stickers and I will put them on myself!!

Oh,come on now folks. We've had FTTF before and never had these stickers when cruising out of FLL. I never even knew they existed before this thread.

So, you're telling anyone with priority or FTTF on their cabin tags to now take extra time to ensure that the porter affixes these orange stickers to your bags or ask them to?

I gave Carnival $70 in free money for these "perks", the least they can do is MAIL me these stickers and I will put them on myself!!

They don’t mail anything to you. As you can see from the date of the other thread, and I’m sure there are older ones, it’s nothing new. You don’t HAVE to take extra time to do anything. But if you want to increase your odds of getting your bags sooner, it’s worth INVESTING the 30 seconds it takes to have the porters slap them on. Do it, don’t do it. Doesn’t affect anyone but yourself.

They don’t mail anything to you. As you can see from the date of the other thread, and I’m sure there are older ones, it’s nothing new. You don’t HAVE to take extra time to do anything. But if you want to increase your odds of getting your bags sooner, it’s worth INVESTING the 30 seconds it takes to have the porters slap them on. Do it, don’t do it. Doesn’t affect anyone but yourself.

Yes, I know that Bob. That was me being sarcastic. Still, what about folks new to FTTF or first time platinum members. Will they see this thread? Will they know what to do?

What I'm reading here is an extra BS step that the consumer should never have to take to ensure that Carnival and port personnel follow their policies.

Yes, I know that Bob. That was me being sarcastic. Still, what about folks new to FTTF or first time platinum members. Will they see this thread? Will they know what to do?

What I'm reading here is an extra BS step that the consumer should never have to take to ensure that Carnival and port personnel follow their policies.

It’s actually Bob’s wife, but it’s all good [emoji6]. Don’t know about all the other folks. Maybe they will find out by trial by fire just like with a lot of other things. Kind of like I had to do before all this existed.

While there are a lot of things we shouldn’t “have it do”, inevitably we will find ourselves doing them. It pays to be in the loop, I suppose. Since when has Carnival been consistent in anything besides being inconsistent? You have to look out for yourself.

It’s actually Bob’s wife, but it’s all good [emoji6]. Don’t know about all the other folks. Maybe they will find out by trial by fire just like with a lot of other things. Kind of like I had to do before all this existed.

While there are a lot of things we shouldn’t “have it do”, inevitably we will find ourselves doing them. It pays to be in the loop, I suppose. Since when has Carnival been consistent in anything besides being inconsistent? You have to look out for yourself.

True, but I don't like this at all. Just one more piddly thing I need to check off before being able to enjoy my vacation.

True, but I don't like this at all. Just one more piddly thing I need to check off before being able to enjoy my vacation.

I get it. However, it’s been this way for a long time and I don’t see them changing it. Although you never know. So until then you can spend 30 seconds and make sure the porters put them on, or you don’t have to and have an increased chance of your bags not getting sorted right. You are still on vacation and within eyeshot of the ship. Better yet, pack light and carry your own stuff on like I do.

Yeah, I honestly don't even think they pay attention to the Priority or FTTF logo. They are looking strictly for the sticker.

While this is supposed to be true ... I somehow don't think it's always the case either. My parents are Platinum, my sister Diamond. ... they got the "stickers." We boarded our last cruise in Nov and neither of their luggage showed up until sometime while we were at dinner. We're gold, we got ours about an hour after boarding. We all boarded the ship about 1:00. Go figure.