2 porters refused me yellow boarding tags

crusinpsychRN

Nothing to be confused about. You can print your tags in color or B&W. Either way, if you have Priority luggage delivery, you need to make sure the Porters put an orange Priority sticker on it if you want it to get to you early. Makes ZERO difference what color (or lack of color) your tags are.

I have sailed from a few home ports where they put orange tape on the bag handle, as opposed to the tag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well this statement of yours got me confused since colored or not has no bearing on Priority delivery. But it's all good!

"Not everyone (including myself) prints their luggage tags in color. The tags are a way for them to differentiate priority luggage."

Sorry I guess I should have clarified. I meant the FTTF logo or whatever priority isn't printed in color always. Not the actual color of the tag.

now I'm confused, you just push the B&W button on the printer. Anything I print automatically prints in color unless you take extra steps in print preferences. I hope it's not about using color ink.

We print a lot at home, with 4 people constantly printing. I was spending over $100 a month in ink for an inkjet printer. I switched to a laserjet printer and now I have spent a total of $20 in 2 years.

We print a lot at home, with 4 people constantly printing. I was spending over $100 a month in ink for an inkjet printer. I switched to a laserjet printer and now I have spent a total of $20 in 2 years.

B&W Laser or color laser?

Point being they look for the sticker.

As a priority passenger, I’ve had bags delivered earlier than usual without a sticker and bags delivered near dinnertime emblazoned with the orange sticker.

Sometimes weird things happen even with the touted orange sticker. I’m sure it goes a long way to up the odds but I have successfully received my priority bags early enough to not freak out if the sticker isn’t there.

Been fttf on 4 cruises. Asked for orange fttf tags each time. Each time told not needed because they were putting them in the priority luggage car (or whatever they call those things).

All 4 times we got our luggage by the time we finished lunch and took a quick tour around ship. Easily completely unpacked before muster

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I'm going on my first cruise, the Dream in April, do they give you luggage tags when you go to drop off your luggage or do i need to get my tags ahead of time?

You need to print them out at home and put them on before you get to the port. My husband covers them in packing tape or you can get plastic holders off Amazon.

We had FTTF on the Dream in 2014. All of our luggage showed up at the same time except one. It showed up hours later and was the only piece that was missing an orange sticker. We were happy it showed up just would have been more convenient to unpack everything at the same time.

As for the earlier comments about missing luggage, we've received flyers on every cruise we've been on regarding missing luggage. Sometimes there were repeated requests to look for the awol luggage well into the week. The subject came up at our table in the dining room on one cruise. My husband & I were wondering why/how there would ever be missing luggage. One of the couples said that her father had luggage missing on an earlier cruise and it was never found.

Went with a group of 6 other rooms and we all had FTTF and didn't get our luggage until after the muster drill, not long before dinner. Went to customer service and they refunded the FTTF but still got to keep all the rest of the perks. I will take the few hours wait to get luggage to get the FTTF free. Still got on board faster, tenders faster and Guest Services faster. The first time we sailed with FTTF our luggage beat us to the room.

I usually just have one carry on sized piece of luggage that I wheel onto the ship myself. I like to unpack and get to lunch prior to the Lido getting overly crowded, and as Diamond, that's easy enough to do.

But on my last 2 cruises, I found different color tags on luggae mistakenly delivered to my cabin. Someone was waiting for theirs to show up! Of course, I notified my cabin steward, but who knows how long it took to get that luggage where it was supposed to go?

In Galveston the porters slap an orange sticker on your luggage if you point out you have priority boarding. It's not an additional luggage tag, and whether you printed your luggage tags in color or black and white is immaterial.

And if you have those reusable luggage tag holders, don’t waste your time trying to get the sticker off of it. (Which is where they put it for us). They never come off completely and the sticker is still good for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At Long Beach the porters tell us priority bags go into a priority only cage and no orange sticker tape is needed and we were told the porters don't even have access to orange sticker tape now. I observed the loading of the cages from the Atlantic Deck of the Miracle last month and I didn't see any separated cages filled with only PRIORITY tags in it. Doesn't mean they didn't do as we were told but our luggage arrived with all the others nearby us around 6PM. YMMV