Boarding

blbailey

I suspect that it varies with how the disembarkation from the previous cruise went as well as the port involved. I've seen boarding start at 11 and I've seen it not start till 12:30. What you know is that you'll be in a special waiting area with some form of refreshments and that you'll be able to board as soon as boarding is available. That beats waiting at the airport, which is the only other option....well, I guess you could go out to breakfast on the way to the cruise terminal.

On our last cruise, people were still on board well after 10:00. I don't know what the issue was with disembarkation, but the groups were running quite a bit behind schedule. Obviously, the new cruisers can't board till they get the previous bunch off!

We've shown up at the port as early as 9:00. We had to wait outside for over an hour before they started letting people in. That terminal had a separate entrance for preferred boarding, so we sat on a bench instead of standing in line that long.

Actual time has little to do with it. Ship has to be totally cleared of previous paxs, customs gives it's blessing and then at Captain's discretion the OK for embarkation is given. Our one Carnival cruise had us lined up in the sun two hours. Previous cruise head count was off by ONE

What do s the earliest that anyone has got to board? Our flight gets into SFO fairly early and of course we are excited to get on board. We are in a suite so we will get priority boarding. Thanks in advance!!!

Normally boarding has started (all ports) between 11:30 and noon when cabins are supposedly ready for new occupants.

There have been posts saying for some ships they now allow boarding as soon as clearance is given even if the cabins are not ready yet. On those posts, times have been as early as 10:30 AM.

There is not a fixed answer for this. At times the debarkation of the prior cruise goes very quickly and boarding can start by 11am or so. Other times there are problems and the new folks don't start boarding until 1pm. Usually it is more like 11:30am for starts.

As others have said... "It varies". :o

Depending on:

• Ship arrival (delayed by fog, etc)

• Customs folks at that port

• Need for norovirus "deep cleaning"

• Botched headcount of disembarking pax

• ⁞

Best bet is to aim for the suggested boarding time for your deck as noted in

your personal, online "Travel Summary" if you sign up for their website.